What brand of shanpoo do u use to get rid of your babies cradle cap?

kyheavensmom

Asked by kyheavensmom at 9:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We use this stuff called baby magic -- it's lotion and it smells so good!!! We put it on right before shampooing his hair for a bit and he hasn't had cradle cap in forever. He's 6 months now.
    Anonymous

• my pedetrician told me to use a little sesum blue and it should go away... but i already was using head and shoulder sensitive.. and it worked wonders
    Levink_08

Answer by Levink_08 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My ped recommended tar shampoo, it worked in literally 2 days.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My ped also said Selsun Blue, but I just used her regular shampoo and used a very fine tooth comb and combed it right out. It never came back.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My little girl had cradle cap. What I did was put baby oil in her hair before her bath, and wash it out really good. When it got a little better, I'd put a little baby oil in her bath water, and then rub a little on her scalp after her bath. All better now!
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 10:05 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i use regular shampoo. but what i have used to get rid of cradle cap is baby oil. then you brush it with the soft baby brush. i just did it extra careful because i didn't want her to loose too much hair lol. the baby oil works really well. her is almost gone and i think i have only done the baby oil 3 times.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• None. If it's really bad, you can use dandruff shampoo but that's the only shampoo that will help.

Instead, try this:
    Before the bath, gently rub a little olive oil or other cooking oil into the area.
    Wash his hair at the end of the bath, gently rubbing the area to remove the oil.
    After the bath, gently brush the area with a baby hair brush to remove any LOOSE flakes. Don't try to get it all, you'll only irritate his scalp.
    Repeat every night until gone.

This cleared up my baby's cradle cap in less than a week.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 10:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2009