How would you react to this .?

Am 35 and my parents split up when i was 2 .. havent hardly been around what i call my sperm donor ... Okay i ran into his aunt today it was a big surpise ..Havent seen her in probably 25 years .. Okay she was talking abot (s d) and said the biggest fight was when i broke my collar bone at 7months to 1 year old .. And informed me my mom and sd was drunk and high .. And she threat them that she would have me taken away . Now i know my s d was a major druggie thats why i havent been around him .. In and out of prison .. But my mom she was always talking crap .. And now the truth comes out .. How would u react ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Am the one asking the ? .... my mom straighten up and was a great mom ...
    Anonymous

• Everyone makes mistakes, it's obviously something that she didn't want to share with you, she probably felt ashamed or embarassed.
    Anonymous

• shes may not want you to think any less of her. people make mistakes and she must have changed her life around. im not saying that she was right for not telling you. im just trying to give you a reason of why you may not know already. my mom didnt want me to know that she was smoking pot (this was many many years ago) that is until i found her bag and gave it away. lol she was NOT happy. i was only 10 or 11 but i wasnt stupid i knew what it was. it looked like dried leaves-why would anyone keep that in their room in a ziplock back with rollin papers?? LMAO
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Just remember that everyone has their stories and points of views. My dad sometimes tells me stories that seem very far fetched about when i was a baby. He tries to blame everyone for everything bad that happened to me as a child on other people. Then, I get different stories from different people. The bottom line is that I have accepted that everyone else can continue to live in the past but I don't want to. The only thing I can control are my actions today. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 9:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• People make mistakes, just be glad she cleaned up and stuck around. My mom was a druggie she left when I was 6 and just last year i found out she has been dead this whole time. So try to forgive her for her past and remeber she has been there for you and she loves you.
    m_allen

Answer by m_allen at 9:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009