Is it wrong to want an induction?

I asked for one and my doctor scheduled it. I am worried now that I am making the wrong decision.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got induced...wouldnt change it for anything
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 9:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Why did you ask for one, are you having complications or over your due date?
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 9:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I only asked for it because I am worried of having complications like my mother. She had seven pregnancies and only two of us lived over a month. Most were still births. She is here visiting until I have my baby from states away.
    Anonymous

• and the induction is set four days before my due date.
    Anonymous

• I got induced for a "medical" reason and wish I had known more.... I will never get induced again. The risks are just not worth it, in my mind. Do you know what pitocin is? What pitocin does to your body? Do you know all the risks or did your OB just say "it's fine". I actually question any OB who would induce someone without medical reasons, it seems very unethical because there are great risks to the baby...

If you are questioning your choice, just wait and research all you can about it. In MY opinion, and induction for your own personal gain is selfish and denying the baby the best start in life.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Oh well, I don't understand it, but it's not for me to understand. It's up to you and I suppose if it's what you want and what you feel comfortable doing then go for it. It's your body and your child.
    smnice

Answer by smnice at 9:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i was induced-i had strep b but im glad i did it.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I think so but only when done for a non-medical reason. It puts mom and baby at un-needed risk.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• its not great to actually have one without good reason (health is at risk) ... The longer a baby has in the womb the better! Having the baby early can cause problems early in life or later in life you never know. If your child has asthma (the lungs are the last to develop if i remember correctly) are you going to feel guilty? and these days more & more kids are going to the nicu from pre-mature birth. You wont know how ready your child is for the world until your body says he is ready, or until hes here & its to late to turn back the clock..

Enjoy being pregnant while you can & try to remember what comes after delivery- waking ever 2 hrs to feed & care for child. sleeping only when baby feels like sleeping. the sore of delivery. diapers, not getting a shower for 1-2 days. ect..

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• The doctor kept asking me if I wanted to be induced a few weeks before my due date, and I kept telling her I wanted to wait until after my due date to decide. I went into labor on my due date and had her the next day in the morning. Im glad I waited. But no one can tell you what is right or wrong, this is a decision that you need to make on your own. If you feel that you should have one then do it, if you want to wait then wait. Its your call. Good Luck :)
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 9:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2009