Bedtime . . .

Since my daughter was born I have rocked her every nap time and at bedtime. Well, now she just gets super fussy and wants to be put straight in her crib. Sometimes, she is awake in there for like 10-15 minutes until she gets comfortable and falls asleep. I know you are all thinking that I'm lucky, but I miss rocking her to sleep. Even naptime, it's like she wants to be put in her crib, but I refuse to give up naps, that's cuddle time, which I schedule my day around. She's only 7.5 months and is already showing a need for independence :( . . . . . . . sad mama, not wanting to let go!!!

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 9:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you aren't wierd at all. its exciting to watch them grow and learn new things, but it is also hard to let them grow up. just wait till she gets to kindergarten. my SS's BM is sad that he will be starting kindergarten this year. he is her youngest and is having a hard time with him growing up.

what you have to remember as they grow up and learn more things and become more independent. your babies will always be your babies, they will always need you. just keep doing what you are doing and showering her with love. but i would also try to make sure she knows that you are proud of her for her accomplishments (i know this isn't really an instance for that....but later there will be many)

good luck
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 9:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Yupp your right, you are lucky she wants to do that. you should put her in her crib, if thats what she wants. Cause when shes older your probably going to regret it.
    NicsMommy29

Answer by NicsMommy29 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I put her in at night, but not yet during the day. How did you other moms deal with your babies wanting some independence? Was it difficult and when did it start?
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 9:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• my almost 8 month old hasn't wanted to be rocked for awhile. she still cuddles through out the day just in different ways. we put our face together or she leans on me while she eats. or she almost head butts me...she even gives kisses.....its not like real kisses, its like slobber on your face or even suck on your face. ha ha. i love it. we get our special time through out the day.

she isn't going to want to be rocked you can't change that. when they are ready for bed, they are ready. get your cuddle time at another time. thats what i recommend
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 10:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I would let her!!! My daughter was this way for only a little, now she wont sleep unless i rock her, and only I can do it! If my husband or MIL (when she is here) she will scream until i do it again. So i would try to let go little by little. But i know how you feel, i love that she wants me to do it but at the same time i sometimes want her to be a big girl and do it herself, but that is the only time i can cuddle too!
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 10:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Well, we cuddle all day while we play and at bathtime, but naptime is the only quiet, snuggly time to cuddle, otherwise our cuddling is more of play. I am constantly kissing her and hugging her, but this is also while we play SuperBaby and play with her toys. I guess it's just that she is ONLY 7.5 months old. She's still so young, I just didn't think it happened this quickly. I love that she will go to bed at a regular time now at night, and it also seems to be getting earlier and earlier. I guess I'm a weirdo!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2009