I want to help labor come along

I am 39 wks and due to have c-sec in a week. I really wanted to have a v-bac and wanted to try to help the process. I also had pre labor about a week ago my contractions were 4 mins apart but only one cm dilated. nothing has happened sinse then. sex, primrose, and walking seem to be the most common answers. I am very active with two other little ones under 3.

malaika_wako

Asked by malaika_wako at 9:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• is there a reason you are scheduled for a c-sec?
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 9:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• why can't you have the VBAC?
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Walking and sex. It's really all you can safely do. Nothing will work unless you are ready. Why are you scheduled the c/s? Your doc can't force one on you?
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 9:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Have lots of sex! When I was at that 'any moment' phase SO and I were going at it like rabbits and about 30 minutes after we were done I started contracting hard and DS was born 11 1/2 hours later.
    MachIII

Answer by MachIII at 9:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My first came on own two wks early, My second was c-sec. They dont want to wait to long past due date
    malaika_wako

Answer by malaika_wako at 10:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If you want a VBAC why did you plan a c-section?
    I see that "they" don't want you going too long past your due date..what about what you want? It is still your body! Anyway, normal human gestation is 38-42 weeks, 40 weeks is just the middle of that. You are not even "overdue" until 42 weeks.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 8:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Don't go. I was told I HAD to go into labor by 39 weeks to VBA2C. I switched providers and had a healthy baby at 41 weeks and 4 days. My first two were vaginal, my second two were c-sections so how your first came shouldn't matter. I go longer with each pregnancy, I'll be 42 weeks tomorrow, I've never been pregnant this long before.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 9:02 AM on Feb. 27, 2009