Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i need well with my bills and i dont know where to go. my husbend left me for another woman and i am so far in detb i dont know where to turn. its not enough that file bankuptcy so i dont know what to do. please help

i get paid every two weeks but i end up broke before i even have a chance to get anything really paid off. i really need to find a place that can help or at least some one to show me how this single mom thing works.

Answer Question

Asked by tigrushome at 9:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (10)
  • do you have family that will help or fiends

    Answer by nakita72 at 9:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • The first thing you need to do is find some assistance from a church or an office that helps needy families.Don't be ashamed of getting help especially if it's to keep a roof over your head and feed your children and sweetie Get the Ex for that child support ,Tell him pay up ...

    Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • im from south alabama and there we have groups that help out in situations like that. there is ecumunical ministeries and i cant remember the other names. try talking to whoever your bills are through (the company) and ask them if they can tell you of any agencies that can help you.
    i have been there too and its hard. good luck and if you need someone to talk to feel free to message me

    Answer by SThompson21 at 9:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • What do you mean bankruptcy is not enough?

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • Try a credit counseling place. They can make arangements with your creditors and even lower payments. Get assistance from the state while you figure some things out. Go to a church and stay there! These people will take you in and treat you like family if you stick with them. There is no shame in asking for help. They will help with food and rent and bills and even daycare. I wish you luck. You can PM me if you need a shoulder. I have soooo been there done that got the t-shirt hon!

    Answer by salexander at 10:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • Get child support from him. Look for a job that pays better, I know bartending and waitressing at an upscale restaurant you can make good money daily. Are you working full time now? Maybe try getting help from family and do you work full time?

    Answer by sweetest-sin7 at 11:08 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • Seek a lawyers help immediately. If he left, thats abandonment and he is not just responcible for child support but for half of the marital possessions....such as the house. You can consult with many lawyers for free. Also contact Catholic Charities for help as well as Food Stamps and WIC. Try programs designed to help with heating costs like HEAP.

    Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

  • Hi, I am so sorry for you . The of last year I almost went to divorce. So that made me wake for live and I decided to find me a job, where I could make a good money and be able to be with my kids and pay for my bills. So I meet a very nice lady in the cafemom,,who told me about the Passion Parties business, I was Mexico,so I couldn't start then. So now after a month that I have joined the Passion Parties team, I am feeling self confident and doing very good! And guess what? I got back with my husband and we are closest then ever. I don't know if you would want your husband back. But working with Passion Parties, you get all the support you need, and you sure will make enough money to pay your bills, be able to be with your kids and feel very confident about your self and have a better and happy life. contact me, and I will help you get there! e ou write me back on cafemom. God bless u


    Answer by Zenn at 1:27 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • Don't forget that you husband have to pay children support and you can get government support also! Like food stamps and another things, go to the social department on your town or check on-line,  Good luck! I will be praying for you! God bless you!


    Answer by Zenn at 1:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

  • I'm a single mom too. I started out selling Usborne Books and Avon because I couldn't afford childcare and didn't want to leave my son. Now all of my money problems have worked themselves out. Here's what works for me, hopefully it will help you too. I sell Usborne books you can sign up here theres a sign up charge but if you do well they'll reimburse it. Read for details. I also sell Avon at the same time. you can sign up at the bottom left hand corner of my site for $10. I also do occasional date night nanny jobs if I'm running behind on money or to just have some saved back. You'd be amazed how much you can make selling this and it saves a ton on childcare! I'm really sorry to hear about your bad luck and hope things turn around for you girl! Keep your head up!

    Answer by usbornebooksdh at 7:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.