pregnant or not pregnant that is the question

I had a wonderful healthy baby girl on May 29th 2008. In Aug 2008 I had decided that I wanted to use the Mirena/IUD for my birth control. So I read up on all the side effects and my ob/gyn explained everything to me... including that I could get pregnant while having the IUD in. So lately my body has been doing some weird stuff. The sides of boobs hurt... I feel nauseated... I've been having stomach pains not cramps but pains... I've been trying to lose weight but I'm at this plato that I cant seem to lose anymore weight it keeps going up and down up and down... I have a strong smelling sense we live in an apartment complex and I smelt the food cooking from our upstairs neighbor. BUT I took a test ... the line test... which I hate cuz you can never get an accurate reading... but it did come back negative faint negative but nevertheless negative. Any suggestions as to what my body is telling me??

alyssamommy08

Asked by alyssamommy08 at 9:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't know.. it's a 50/50 shot!
    Anonymous

• cant asnwer you ? buttttttt my baby girl was born on the 28th of may!!!
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:02 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I've heard that IUD's cause pregnancy symptoms, so I would guess that if you had a negative test, you're not pregnant.
    DayDaysmom19

Answer by DayDaysmom19 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I would say its prob the IUD. But who knows you will just have to wait and see.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 10:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If the IUD has hormones, it could be causing pregnancy symtoms the first month.

An IUD will not protect against an etopic pregnancy.

An IUD will not prevent conception.

I was lucky and I happened to go to church with my OBGYN. I was going to get an IUD. She explained that fact to me. I just thought I would mention it because the first OBGYN did not explain that fact to me.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 3:25 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Thanks everyone for your advice :) .... I appreciate everything.... just wanted to update you on what I did find out. I'm not pregnant... which is a good thing for right now..... they found out that I have an ulcer so we are trying to treat that now that we know what it is.
    alyssamommy08

Answer by alyssamommy08 at 7:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2009