I dont want an EPI!

What are my other choices?

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 10:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• At military hosptials you don't get epidurals. My second was born with Morphine in my IV. It took the edge off, and I was aware and fully participated in everything.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 3:20 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• as in meds? just some meds they give through the IV that take the 'edge' off..why dont you want one?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:01 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• hypno babies
    water births
    those are some other choices without having ANY meds.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• go natural. i wish i did. i was induced with cervical gel and pitocin before my body was even ready (40w2d). i had an epidural which caused my blood pressure to lower and my baby's heart rate went way down. plus, it only took the pain away for about 45 minutes, it slowed down my labor and I ended up with a c-section. I will try for a VBAC all natural in May.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 10:03 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I hated having it with my daughter... i was numb up to my boobs and couldnt breast feed till it wore off, couldnt feel anything, felt like i was falling off the bed all night they took my cathider out and i peed all over all night because they didnt believe me that i was still that numb... wanted to shower and wasnt able to.. i just hated everything.. it made me feel like i was freezing to death... they kept bringing me in warmed blankets... just everything sucked
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Also the hospital i will have to go to doesnt do water births and the only one that does is 4 hours away... Plus my husband thinks they are for hippies and wont let me,.......
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 10:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• well, you're husband doesnt have a choice in How you birth your child..but 4 hrs is far away...im sorry you had such a bad experience with the epidural..you should talk with your dr about other choices..are you looking into other pain meds or trying to do w out?
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Don't have one : )
    DayDaysmom19

Answer by DayDaysmom19 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• http://www.homebirth.org.uk/

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/forum/marylou/index.html

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• opps. those links are for homebirths. you dont need a hospital or a birthingcenter to have a water birth. do a little research and you'll find it's safer for low risk woman to have babies at home.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2009