How often do your kids have gym class a week? Do you think it should be 4 out of 5 days?

When I was in jr high in Canada, we had gym everyday except fridays because we got out at 12. I used to hate it, but looking back we did alot of fun stuff, something different every week and I was really fit.

LuvsDanika

Asked by LuvsDanika at 10:14 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• My kid's school is every day.. a few schools around here are also like that. And actually right now my sons school is having a bike thing. Where everyone brought their bikes for a few weeks. They get to ride and practice bike safety.. kids who dont have one get to share!
    lovinlife04

Answer by lovinlife04 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• my son only has gym once a week
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• oh wow, see i probably would have liked that in school. I as just thinking back and it was probably a good thing. I used to be able to run a 10 minute mile... HAHA before i started smoking
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• lol luvs i quit nine days ago and i still wouldnt be able to run like that
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• LOL well wendy I wouldnt expect you to be able to run a 10 min mile after 9 days of non smoking silly goose. I am waiting for spring then my mom said she would watch DD while i go for a 2 mile run in the evening.... ahhhhh I wait for spring as soon as august is over
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Lovinlife, that sounds like a good idea, i think children would be more interested in gym if every school changed it up every week or every few weeks, most schools are the ame basic sports, but I remember when i was in school we had like 2 weeks of acrobats(sp) and then CPR ... just things you wouldnt think of. But fun at the same time
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 10:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• We had 6-day cycles and had gym every 3 days.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Im only 21 and dont remember how often we had gym in elementarty school but in middle school it was every other 6 sixs (we had 6 week grading periods) in high school it was every day for 9th & 10th grade and was optional for 11 & 12 grade. I think kids should have it every day. We played ALL KINDS OF GAMES and i loved it! I hated the running but my gym teachers started with a lap adn added a lap every few days. It worked really well when we got to the mile.
    KinziesMom777

Answer by KinziesMom777 at 11:52 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• When I was in Junior High we had Gym every day, and showered. We had to bring our gym suit home and Friday to be washed, and it was checked on Monday. Now ia Junior High it is an elective with no showers. Elementary usually has it every other day with music. I used to get two recesses in elementary school as well, plus after lunch. Now middle school is 5th and 6th grade, and there isn't even a playground.

It is hard for kids to learn without recess. Their attention span isn't 3-4 hours long.
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 2:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• my son's class has gym on tuesdays and thursdays
    Briyawna

Answer by Briyawna at 11:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2009