Is Monistat safe to use during pregnancy?

And do I really need to contact my doctor first?

momma_gig

Asked by momma_gig at 10:20 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes call your doctor, he/she will tell you what kind to use, i used the 7 day stuff and was also allowed to use an external cream. but after the first one she started prescribing a pill that took it away in almost one day. there should be a nurse hot line with your doc. or your hospital you can call too
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 10:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• My doctor told me to only use the 7 day.. unfortunately I found out I have a bad reaction to monistat and have to take the oral version
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes contact your doc the pill is way better than the cream but if ya want to use the cream then you can buy the 3 day one abut dont use the one day its too strong. Hope ya feel better.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 10:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yes, my doc said for me to take it
    Anonymous

• my dr. gave me the supositories to put up there when i got mine..it was the 3 day one..i dont think it would hurt, but def. call just to make sure.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 11:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• u might want to ask ypur doctor before using it
    karema032000

Answer by karema032000 at 12:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Call your doctor first, but yes. I had too, just dont use the one time use one. My doc said that it would just make things worse, get the 3 or 7 day one.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:25 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My doc called me in a prescription yesterday for this same problem! The nurse there said it wasn't safe for them to prescribe me the pill version so I got stuck w/some cream...joys of pregnancy lol!
    sunnygal27

Answer by sunnygal27 at 7:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2009