was i wrong??

so today, im at the dr w my 2 yr old..we're getting ready to leave and this little boy, probably a few months younger than her, just runs up and hits her. the mom was on the phone just minding her own business not caring that her kid was running Crazy all over the office...it pissed me off that she didnt do anything so i told my kid next time he does it, Hit him back. as i was walking out w my kid her kid tried to do it again. i very loudly said how mothers should look after their kids and not let them hit other children..and yes there were some choice words in there..so my child and i are waiting for DH to pick us up when i decide i wanted a drink of water..so we go back inside and moms at the front desk still on the phone while her kid is just running around and he tries to hit my kid Again..i had a calendar in my hand so i put it in his face to keep him from getting to my DD.. of course he just ran around it and...CONT..

tnteaton

Asked by tnteaton at 10:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I have NO compunction with just telling someone's kid to stop doing something. I really don't give two shits if they like it or not.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:25 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• CONT...hit her Again!!..so i told her "GO HIT HIM BACK"..and she did..right in front of his mother..and she STILL didnt do anything..so we're walking in the other direction to get the water and he Chases my kid to the fountain, and i just stopped dead in my tracks and yelled, "NO HITTING! GO BACK TO YOUR MOMMY!!" and pointed my finger at him..we got our drink of water, kid was Still there and then realized i was turning around to walk back towards him so he finally decided to run back to mommy..and mommy STILL didnt do anything.. All i could do was shoot her dirty looks becuase i Know she didnt understand a word i was saying..all she would do was occasionally call her kid to her and he would just keep running around..am i wrong for yelling at that kid and letting mine hit him back? i just wanted to punch that mother in the face for not doing Shit about it.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:26 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• no but i would of said something to the mother face to face
    Anonymous

• i agree with anon 10:26
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 10:28 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i couldnt. i dont speak spanish.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• lol most languages understand NO.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• LOL..i know her kid understood NO but i wasnt gonna waist my breath on this lady if she couldnt understand every word i wanted to say to her..i was gettin ready to find a translator but my DH showed up to pick us up.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I definately would have said something to the mother. No hesitation at all!!! I can't stand it when people don't watch their children.
    charjaxx

Answer by charjaxx at 10:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• lol..like i said.. I dont speak Spanish!!! otherwise i would have!!!lol. i really wanted to just punch this lady out
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• you do have to understand there are some cultural differences at play here too. your best bet in situations like that is to simply lay and enforce the boundary for the kid if the mother won't and don't get worked up over it.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2009