Do you have to be certified to become a doula?

I really want to become one but at the moment I can't afford to go to the classes or anything like that.I have been through labor and with other women during theres and have helped them and I love the whole process of labor and delivery.Could I charge to do what a doula does and use what ever money I make to get my certificate?Would that be bad?Please I really want to be one and help women through labor and I eventually want to be a certified doula.Are there women out there now that aren't certified doing it so they soon can be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Health

• try calling your hospitals maternity ward and asking to speak to one of the doulas there, i know they volunteer here, but that doesnt mean they havent taken classes and stuff.
    chipper87

Answer by chipper87 at 2:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009