Why do people care what others think?

I just dont get it. Why should you care. If they dont know you or you know different then why do people care? Someone please explain this to me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Because even though it's not right SOME people tend to let others define them:(

But what are you talking about exactly....I care what my employer thinks about me, because he will be the one to either fire me or promote me-so I have to care what he thinks. I care what my children's mothers think about me, because I want their child to be able to come over every once and awhile....you see where I am going with this.
    Anonymous

• Cause most ppl want to be precieved positivley. I can let most stuff slide but if its a deliberate personal attcak, I can get pretty defensive.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 10:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• OOPs i meant children's friends mothers...sorry
    Anonymous

• Sometimes i want to see if others can come up with something i havnt thought of yet. I never let others make choices for me. However, if i post a question saying "what do you think about pit bulls in the home?" ...it's not bc i havnt already thought thing threw. it's bc i want to see if others can give me a different perspective. And sometimes they can, and other times they fail miserably. and sometimes I re-think things. But only if i feel like thier perspective is backed up with evidence. ...saying "pit bulls are dangerous kid killers" isnt going to change my mind about owning a pit bull unless you can show me proof that pit bulls kill more children then ...say ...vaccines have an adverese reaction. (by the way according to Dr. Sears the adverse reacition to vaccines is a risk of 1 in 2500 to 1 in 2700)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• If the question is why do people ask questions here about what others think, then I think that is because they like getting different points of view that they may not have thought of. They can then make decisions based on a lot more information than they had before.
    If the question is why do people care what other people think in general, then I think it is instinctive. Humans are pack animals, and long ago, survival depended on noticing whether someone was scared or excited or angry or admiring.

Answer by Bmat at 10:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• When other people think of me or remember me, I'd like to think they smile.

That's why I personally care what others think of me.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 11:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009