which is better?

Letting my dd feed off one breast and then pumping the other or just feeding off the one and using the other at the next feeding? wont the unused breast be really full? i dont think she eats enough bc after shes done nursing she wants more out of a bottle. how do i get her to nurse right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I always fed one and pumped the other. It was too painful and leaked too much if I didnt pump. Its a lot easier too if you want to have some milk stored. I say let her eat on demand. Maybe she'd eat from both in one sitting if shes still hungry. 10-15 min on each
    sylvia10907

Answer by sylvia10907 at 10:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Always offer her both breasts. She'll take what she wants.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 10:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• maybe she just wanted to suck on something bc she just spit up what she got out of the bottle lol.
    Anonymous

• I always offer one for the first feeding and then the other the next time. But if she is wanting more then give her both breasts until she is finished.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• doesnt the one side hurt then?
    Anonymous

• when i was at the hospital they told me to alternate. like 15-20 minutes on one side and then switch. i only breast fed for 2 weeks, so i can't give any other advice. sorry.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Keep nursing until she is done, Use both sides. Don't time her feedings. Stop offering her a bottle if you want to breastfeed.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 12:25 AM on Feb. 27, 2009