So, for all those rich-people lovers...

is this what all us non-rich folks have been doing wrong? I mean, we're working but we don't have offshore accounts to stick our money in and evade our taxes...should we go get one? And should we avoid Switzerland since it seems our Justice Dept. might be going after all these crooks, uh, I mean, hard-working, deserving, wonderful rich people?

http://www.cnbc.com//id/29385606

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Tax evasion or theft prevention??? Okay no I still condone following the laws ONLY because my Bible tells me to and ONLY for tha treason, or I'd completely justify their actions easily. (pershaps that is why they are able to justify their own actions)

PS I'm not rich and I still don't want to redistribute the wealth of other people who EARNED it. No one read my facts about how rich people behave and spend because they dont want to. Period.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 10:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Hmm, I don't know. Why don't you ask all your tax evasion questions of Obama's cabinet or the withdrawn cabinet nominees. I think a few of them have experience and might have some advice on how to go evading taxes.
    Anonymous

• Having lots of money doesn't make someone a bad person. Rich or poor you can steal and cheat the system. I'm in favor of fair taxes. If taxes were truly fair less people would try to hide their money. There are so many people too who aren't rich that don't pay taxes with the money they make through illegal transactions.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 10:50 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• HA! Rich-people lovers... This smacks of spin-off post.
    CluelessCarrie

Answer by CluelessCarrie at 10:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• YES, cause every single person that makes more than $250,000 lie, cheat and steal! Way to generalize!!! Should I assume that all the people who do not make that much are lazy, stupid, good for nothings???

Nope, I guess I can't think that because we don't make nearly that much.....hmmm quite a quandry...

Dawn4175

Answer by Dawn4175 at 11:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Some people actually earned and acquired riches through smarts and responsibility or skills highly desired.Do I hold that against them. NO Are all of them crooks because I am mad I don't have a pot to piss in NO!You get what you get and it's sicko to complain.Cause someone is always worst out there than you!!!!
    Anonymous

• OP, I am one of the over $250,000 people. I was raised by a single Mom that worked 2 jobs and fed us mac & cheese and tuna. My hubby got his degree via the military. I got mine via 2 jobs and student loans. After serving his country he took a civil service job and still serves in the National Guard.

I own a small business. How my business came to be is remarkable. Check it out www.yourspecialkid.com. I started my business with $200 3 yrs ago. My business has NO debt.. I employ 2 people. I often work 10 hour days and during the holidays 12 hour days aren't unusual. I often work on Sat and an occassional Sun.

We average 110-120 hrs a week. Part of our income comes from money we saved over the yrs. We are saving for our children's college and when we get old "the system" won't have to take care of us. We help my Mom & can't claim her because she still works.

OP I find your ? offensive. Don't stereotype me.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:22 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• PP...if you aren't stashing your money into offshore accounts to avoid taxes, then how can you be offended? Unless you are...then that's not my problem, that's yours. Also, the people who ARE stashing their money overseas make WAAAAYYY more than the pitiful $250,000 that's been thrown around here lately. Also, PP...I'm glad you were able to use my question to pimp your business...you're welcome.
    Anonymous

• anon, shame on you.
    Praying

Answer by Praying at 11:31 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Yeah, this is nice. You get pissed at those of us who don't like the plan, saying that we're stereotyping all poor people as lazy asses (by the way, I AM considered poor where I live and I'm NOT a lazy ass, and I DON'T support the new proposed tax plan)......... yet you can stereotype all rich people as thieves. Hmm....!
    ddmac314

Answer by ddmac314 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2009