Looking for Creative Idea-Received Chocolate Rose wrapped in Red Foil-Rose was eaten(of course)& am looking for Ideas from anyone on making a Rose Replacement-Still have Plastic Green stem and leaves the Rose sat atop- Thanks for help :] Mary1004

Rose, of course, was eaten by 16 year old daughter--Anyway, looking for ideas from any one (and everyone) on making Rose replacement from whatever I can Scrap up around the house--I'm sure I could improvise if what someone suggest as an idea isn't hanging around my home somewhere--The Finished Product is to be placed at my Sister's Headstone-She has been Passed for several years--
Oh, almost forgot, I still have the Plastic Green Stem and Leaves to use--
Thanks so much-- Mary1004

Mary1004

Asked by Mary1004 at 11:06 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• A friend of mine makes a dough from bread slices and diluted elmers glue and a little food coloring. She presses the dough into rose petal shapes and makes what looks just like ceramic roses but are much lighter. You could google it if you are interested, Bread dough flowers would be my guess.

Answer by Bmat at 11:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I've seen people take two Hershey's kisses, stack them flat ends together, then wrap them in the red foil or celophane. Looks like a rosebud. HTH!
    kryxena

Answer by kryxena at 11:58 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Have any styrofoam you can carve?
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 9:16 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• You could use modeling clay, easy to shape, I would think it would work perfect for this.
    Denahowy

Answer by Denahowy at 2:17 AM on Mar. 15, 2009