What are the expirations on the Angel Food Ministries Food and are you ever able to swap items on the menu for something else instead?

If you have used Angel Foods before, what is the standard expiration date on the food? Is the food good only for a week or two? Or can you freeze it to be used at a later time? We are thinking of ordering through them, as it would help a lot. In the past when I have shopped at the grocery store, I have bought for a month at a time and freeze what we can not use immediately. Can this be done with the AngelFood? Can you freeze AngelFood? Can you order more than one box at a time? What is the limit? Also, if there is an item on the menu that you can't/don't eat are there options to swap it for other food items? I.E 2% milk for low fat and so on? I've also read that most of the foods are either breaded, extra fatty, or are already marinated in certain juices so you are limted to what recipes you can cook with this food. Is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• It is all new food just like you would buy at the grocery. You can not swap items, you can order different boxes after you have purchased the main box. It is really good stuff.
    sara1975

Answer by sara1975 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i was able to use everything, and you can freeze it, it was well worth it, even if there was one or two items you did not care for, well, you can give it to someone else and you still would be ahead. i bought the fresh fruit added box and it was great. i would definitely to it again but my husband hated waiting in line. he felt embarassed i guess.
    driftwood

Answer by driftwood at 8:13 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I just placed my 1st order! I'll cook whatever come with it. I can not afford to shop at the regular grocery store anymore.

tayanddyl

Answer by tayanddyl at 2:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i love angel food it really does help us out oh my you have a line we never have to stand in line i guess we are lucky for that bc i think if i had to stand in line i wouldnt do it either
    crazy_mum

Answer by crazy_mum at 6:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• oh and btw do not drink the milk use it to cook with or eat with cereal i like powered milk but that stuff is just nasty in a glass it tastes like evaporated milk
    crazy_mum

Answer by crazy_mum at 6:47 AM on Feb. 28, 2009