When is a good time to start spatting hand?

My daughter who is 6 months gets into alot of things. lol but what 6 month old doesn't?
But i was wonder how old does she need to be or when do i start i tell her no which of course she doesnt understand yet.
but when is the right time?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think there is ever a right time to start hitting your child. Try redirecting her to something else.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Never! especially for an infant..
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 11:40 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Define "spatting" does that mean slaping? Because no age is the right age to "spat" your childs hand...But that's just me...
    Miss.KelliAdams

Answer by Miss.KelliAdams at 11:41 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• not an infant...16-18 months. Of course, just hard enough to get their attention. And a firm NO!
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• "Spatting hands" only teaches baby a new trick to try on you. Redirect, pick her up and put her out of harm's way.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• its not too early to start telling her 'no' as you redirect her.
    -Leann-

Answer by -Leann- at 11:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• spatting as in not exactly hitting im not going to abuse her if thats what you mean.
    i just need a way to let her know its wrong. Not now of course but i figured with she is walking and really into things.
    Anonymous

• i started at about 8 months. first time, tell her no, take her away. if she does it again, do the same thing. third time, pop her hand. i did it the hand my son did it with. like if he touched an outlet with his right hand, his right hand got a pop. he hasn't touched an outlet since 8 months,and he's almost 2. hasn't touched my bookshelf since then either. well except for the shelf i made for him :)
    Anonymous

• I dont understand why people are bashing me about wanting to pop her hand when she is older.
    How the hell do you disipline them then?
    Anonymous

• My son is also 6 month and does the same thing. I usually just move him somewhere else, but tell him no in a firm voice. I know he doesnt understand just yet but he will eventually figure out hey that means stop and I'm hoping he will be used to it. His neice is a holly tteror and I'm hoping if I get him used to me telling him no and what it means he wont turn out that way. But no spatting to young
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 11:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2009