When, if ever, do you think it is okay to tell a lie?

I never think it's okay. Not even "...yea. ...you look good in that dress. ...no ...it doesnt make you look fat." no lie is a white lie. EVEN TO CHILDREN. that's just IMO.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 11:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• there are nice ways to be honest anon.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• what if your kids ask where santa lives?
    Anonymous

• I tell my son the truth about santa.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:46 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• What if ur kids ask mom did you and daddy have se* lastnight?
    Anonymous

• No I don't think it's ok to lie ever, I think Honesty is much easier to handle and much easier to remember. In reference to the Santa thing, I think by building up the North Pole and elves , etc it's building a fantasy not lying to your children, It's the same as telling your kids a bed time story.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 11:53 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I would tell them the truth. Why is that so horrible? Besides, my son is 3yo and Daddy is in Iraq ...so it will be a while before i have to deal with that.
    But I will not hide things from my son or lie to him.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• So say your kid was part of a school play and did horribly. They asked you what you thought of their performance, will you say they did a horrible job?

Or your kid was one of the worst players and say they want to quit because they are not good at it even though how much they practice. Would you say yeah go ahead and quit since you're not that good?
    Anonymous

• I'm with you. a lie is a lie.
    My husband thinks it's OK to lie to protect people's feelings. which is a nice thought, but there are sensitive, thoughful ways to not lie. You don't have to a cold hard mean person about it.

Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I would tell them that ppl have different talents and maybe that those things are not their talents. And then i would point out things that they ARE good at.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• Ya ok you never have or never will tell a white lie to your kids!! WHATEVER!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Feb. 27, 2009