problem?

anyone else have this problem? letting go of the past, whether its your SO cheating a yr ago, your loved ones passing couple yrs ago, or anything else. people say GET OVER IT! is it me, the only one that has this problem, i cant stop thinking about all these bad things that have happened in my life. is it just me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• your not the only one i have to relive the deaths of my brother and grandmother every year
    wendy232425

Answer by wendy232425 at 11:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• no its not just you i have problems with my mother big time and im having trouble leting it go
    Anonymous

• nah its not just u i think about all the times my hubby has lied to me , even though he dont seem to do it i am still stuck on the past
    Anonymous

• Nope I think its human nature to hold onto the past and the issues of the past. There are some things in life that are harder for others to get over and it's natural for them to bother you from time to time or be reoccuring thoughts. When it comes to the cheating that is why there is a saying "I can forgive you but I can't forget"
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 11:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• you are not the only one who has this problem, but i like to belive the only thing we can do about the past is decide how it is going to affect our future
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 11:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I have not been able to let go of my ex..I still think about him and at times miss him..we have no contact...and were together 12 years...
    surpriseat41

Answer by surpriseat41 at 12:14 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• NO WAY YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY ONE!
    I feel like an elephant sometimes I DONT FORGET NOTHING!
    and... it sucks sometimes.... but i will give you my own advice even though I cant take it.... we have to stop seeing the world as a half empty glass of water and see it has half full. BE POSITIVE! Dont always think negative it will drag you down forever :(
    JNS25

Answer by JNS25 at 12:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• as they say to err is human, to forgive is divine. It is hard to do. I agree with bubblycute, you can forgive, but you do not have to forget. I also agree with JNS25, you need to think positive. What you think of is what your life produces for you. (garbage in, garbage out).

If you concentrate on the good things you want in your life, they will start to materalize. Any time you think of something bad, have a mood shifter. A mood shifter is a favorite thought, pet, baby anything that brings a smile to your face. You have now stopped the negative thoughts and are telling the universe to send you good thoughts in the future. Try really hard to do this consistenly over the next 30 days, and you will be surprised as to how many less negative thoughts you will start to have.

Good Luck
    moneymagnetmom

Answer by moneymagnetmom at 12:59 AM on Feb. 27, 2009