dealing with a spoiled baby

my daughter is 6 1/2 months
and very spoiled.
if she is playing in her walker i cant walk by her without her hollaring.
she wants to be help until she falls asleep. any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I dont think you can spoil a baby under 1 yo. JMO.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• which is why i started my son at 4 months. sometimes they just have to cry. and yes, you can spoil a baby, and i don't care what the docs say you CAN spoil a baby before 6 months. at 4 months, my son wanted me in the room at all times. ha! i got that out of him quick.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• i agree, i dont think you can spoil them before a year. Other than that, you could get a sling if you arent opposed to wearing your baby. If thats not your thing you can redirect her to other things, eventually she'll become more independent either way.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 11:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• you can't spoil a 6 month old. showing love and attention to a 6 month old is never a bad thing.
    Kiter

Answer by Kiter at 11:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• sounds very very normal to me. :) for both of my boys, they entered a very needy stage around 6 months old. it is very very frustrating! but it will pass.
    -Leann-

Answer by -Leann- at 11:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009

• You can't spoil a child under 1. Hold her until she falls asleep, and talk to her while she is in her walker.
    Kaelaasmom

Answer by Kaelaasmom at 12:00 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Same here and i am still going through it, i just walk away, she cant have everything she wants. Im sorry but they do know what they are doing. I told my 9 month old to come here and usually she does but she looked at the washcloth for her face sitting on my lap for her nose and she turned the other way and started crawling as fast as she could. They know.
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 12:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• While some believe you can't spoil a baby You can get them in bad habits or routines, like needing to be held until they fall asleep. In order to break them of their bad habits you just have to be firm and strong and let them cry it out (to a certain extent). It's a hard and fine line to find when you need to differentiate showing them love and affection and overly coddling them.
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 12:02 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My son went through the same thing. He wanted to be held 24\7 and I have other things I needed todo like go to the bathroom which he didnt like me doing with out him either. I broke him of it real fast. He still fuss's when I walk through the room but when he can't see me anymore he's fine. I found putting him in say a walker, a jumper roo. Something like that with a movie or cartoons that are kid friendly helped him out a ton. It worked great for me
    TristansMommy16

Answer by TristansMommy16 at 12:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Children get over fits and temper tantrums faster then people think, my 3 yr old is bad about his temper tantrums and has been since he was an infant, I found if I just ignored them and he'd realize I wasn't paying attention then he'd stop crying and go about h is business
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Feb. 27, 2009