what do you feel about church of christ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Feb. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Raised in the Church of Christ....my whole family is apart of the church. Some things I questioned (to myself of course) growing up. I don't know how much you know about the church of Christ, but we were raised to believe that every other church was a denomination, made by MAN. And that our churches of Christ were the only ones who would be going to heaven.
    We also do not do music, pianos, none of that. Theres alot to be said...but I'msleepy and going to bed...well check this post tomorrow..I will say though...
    since becoming an adult I hav enot went to church.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Which one? The white racist branch, the black racist branch, or the pro-gay marriage branch?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Anon 11:;05 what the hell are you talking about? None of the ones (and I've been to both races) were racist. Are you on something? Also church of christ aren't pro gay lol. They also don't believe in baptizing babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i was raised my whole life there too. but i question alot....my husband is babtist and i cant decide which church is right. he says its just how YOU interpret the bible.
    and i didn't know there were racists and pro-gay church of christ?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/05/national/05church.html
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Anon 11 08, my husband was raised Catholic (also went to a catholic school)and I was raised Church of Christ, so its hard because we believe diff things...
    (I'm the poster of the 1st and 3rd answer as well)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I don't know what the "United" Church of Christ is. We were just Church of Christ and not a one backed gay marraige. Looks like some people like to straddle the fence lol. Preach one thing and do another...
    I'm in the south and this is NOT typical of the Church of Christ. Doesn't suprise me though, there are people all over sinning. Church of Christ included
    :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My hubby was raised up in it and he always said the youth camps were great, but he didn't like the fact that often they had sermons about what other denominations believed, and why those denominations were wrong. Most of my hubby's family still call themselves members of the Church, but they do not attend often. Some of his family acts horrible to us and continually make comments that our family is going to hell and then go on to tell us why (which is funny because their info on our denomination- LDS is usually complete lies) but others in his family are very accepting and sweet to us. His aunt even came to a primary program we had to once to see my little sister sing at church. :)

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 12:39 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I dated a guy who was a member of the Church of Christ. His parents hated me. I was born again and went to my non denominational church and lived for God. They did not care. We broke up after they called me a whore. I was a virgin and a good girl living for God but they did not care since I was not Church of Christ. He dated a girl from their church and she ended up pregnant. She had cheated on him with 4 guys around the same time and had no clue who the father was. Yet I was the whore. He married her the baby was not his but he stayed with her she was Church of Christ. They are an odd cultish church.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:31 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I view it like any other church, as just another building.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:17 AM on Feb. 27, 2009