well i took the ovulating test today and it said that i had no surge...but today was first day i was suppose to ovulate..why does it keep showin no surge when i took the test at 2 in the after none..

i took the ovulation test today and it was supp0se to be the first day that i ovulated but it showed no surge...so whats the problem?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It's been awhile since I used though, but you might ovulate later then you think. I thought maybe something was wrong with my tests, but realized I was ovulating closer to 15-17 days. I got pregnant both times I used them.

Good luck, hope you get something tomorrow !!!
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 12:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• and remember that you wont necessarily ovulate on the same cyle day every month. lots of things can cause you to ovulate earlier or later than usual.

I hope you catch that eggy!
    -Leann-

Answer by -Leann- at 12:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Remember, your starting test day can change. It all depends on the length of your cycle. So start counting on day one of your period (the first day of bleeding or spotting) and stop counting on the first day of your next period. This is the length of your cycle.

So for example: I have a regular cycle of 28 days and started my period on the 15th of the month. Beginning with the15th as day one, I count forward 11 days and begin testing on the 25th.

Now a lot of people have very irregular periods, so when they ovulate can be different every month. Some say to use the average of the last three months, but I'll be honest, I don't agree. If my cycle is 26 days this time around, I'm going to start testing on the 9th day and test until I get a positive. It could get pricey I suppose, but I personally think it's worth it.

Hope this helps and good luck!!
    CountryGrlsMom

Answer by CountryGrlsMom at 1:02 AM on Feb. 27, 2009