6 month old progress

my baby will b turning six months march 6th and i was just wondering what things should she be doing at six months and what things can i start feeding her

toya1jolly

Asked by toya1jolly at 12:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• you can start feeding her cereal. i just started mine on cereal. rolling over, holding her head up, laughing, "razzing", cooing, objecting to you taking a toy away (i hear this all the time when my toddler wants her toys..ugh), sitting up with support, and possibley attempting to sit up without support...that's all i can really think of now.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i agree with armywife
    havingaboy08

Answer by havingaboy08 at 12:50 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• When we fed him the rice cereal, he became very constipated and actually had a little blood in his poop. I immediately called the pediatrician and she said that constipation can give them bloody stool, and rice cereal causes constipation. I don't understand why they recommend that as a first food. It's really hard to digest.
    After talking to a dietician, I found out that fruit is the easiest thing for humans to digest, so I've stopped the rice cereal and feed him fruits. Some pediatricians will say don't start on fruits because they already like sweet food because breast milk is sweet, and this could make it really difficult to start them on veggies and other foods. Personally, I've never met anyone who refuses to eat anything other than sweets, so that logic doesn't fly with me.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I can't say what yours should be doing. Each baby is so different, really.

I can tell you what mine were doing....and eating.

My one "most average" in development was rolling both ways, sitting without support and "thinking" about getting on his hands and knees. lol He was drinking form a sippy cup (no more bottles) and we were introducing finger and table foods (we started cereal and baby food at 4 months)

It's not so much the cereal that causes constipation as it is the added iron to their diet. The "don't start with fruits" is an old wives tale.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• it's how thick you make the cereal when it comes to if it gets them constipated or not. an no, you don't wanna start them on fruits because it is sweet, and they base what you feed them on their first foods.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:02 AM on Feb. 27, 2009