Does anyone else have a happy baby?

Ever since my son was born- February 21st 2008, he has been the best baby. He breastfed without any problems. He took to bottle feeding perfectly. Teething with him was a breeze. He has had one minor cold but has never really been sick yet. He starting walking and he doesn't stop. He seems to be hitting every milestone with ease. I only ask this question because all of my friends who have kids have had problems like terrible teething, fussiness, or other bad baby experiences. I just want to know that I'm not alone. I have no problem with my son being a happy baby but I wonder, am I just lucky?

foxy400ex

Asked by foxy400ex at 1:03 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Same here. My son has always been easy.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 1:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I just wanted to know that I'm not alone. My friends are always making fun of me for the fact that my son is a happy boy pretty much all the time.
    foxy400ex

Answer by foxy400ex at 1:07 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I have an extremely happy baby (most of the time- ha)....Never had a hard time breastfeeding or transitioning to a bottle, she's hit all her milestones early- and she's just generally happy. Everybody always comments on how happy she is. I always joke that the next one's going to give us hell, hah.
    kynziesmom

Answer by kynziesmom at 1:07 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• They only make fun of you because they're jealous- ha.
    kynziesmom

• our son is very happy.. which kinda shocked me LOL aside from having his first bout with gas.. i quickly remedied that.. but he's a great sleeper... i started training him to sleep at 5 months, and by the time he was 8 weeks, he was sleeping thru the night. He's 7 months now, and all i have to do is lay him in his bed, and withing minutes, he's asleep. I had a great book help me with all my issues that would soon be coming up.. baby411, i highly recommend it.
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 1:09 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• nope. you're not alone. my son (born Feb 12 2008) is extremely happy, and easy going. He's not hitting milestones with ease like yours, but we dont mind. He never took to a pacifier, he slept through the night starting at 6months, does not need help getting to sleep, has already transitioned out of his crib like a champ, ... and on top of all that he is a very well behaved little boy.
    -Leann-

Answer by -Leann- at 1:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I'm not trying to poop on your parade, but WATCH OUT with your next one! I had one of each-- a very happy baby, and a very cranky baby. The cranky one made up for the happy one! Thankfully, they are both happy now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Yeah, it's great having such an easy baby! It makes me really nervous for our second- I'm worried we'll get a terrible baby to make up for how easy Micah is!
    He gets really clingy when he's teething or tired, so he'll cry when you put him down, but other than that, he's the most easygoing baby I've ever met.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 1:12 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• All babies do things different. I have 3 boys and they hit milestones at different rates.
    My first one was a GREAT, happy baby! No problems (other than a few ear infections). But he was the best baby. Boy oh Boy, when my 2nd one came along- Lord help me......lol He got into everything and was terrible at times. That lasted for a few years, now he's a great kid. My 3rd son, was a mixture of the 2.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:30 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• congrats on your happy baby....I am experiencing my 3rd!!! i plan on having as many as i can afford!!! i think your experience as a mommy is what you make of it... all of my experiences weather if they were by the book or not I love them, they were and always will be good moments.. my five year old daughter has a LOT of personality and i love it!! My 4 year old is pushing the limits and i appreciate it.. my 2 week old is so sweet and peaceful and i can't wait until he is running around like a little monkey!!!
    ramirezmami

Answer by ramirezmami at 1:51 AM on Feb. 27, 2009