has anyone ever tried the HCG shot to lose weight?

I just started it on monday and I already lost 5 pounds.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• What is HCG? I did a B12/ noveral shot once along with diet pills and lost a lot of weight. Is it the same thing?
    actress

Answer by actress at 1:25 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I'm sorry but i'm NOT going to inject myself with HCG, the hormone pregnant woman produce (thats what makes peeing on a pg test come up + or -)! Looking into this method shows some startling facts. First, i think it's gross that it's extracted from pregnant womans pee. So, you are injecting yourself with what was at one point urine! Also with these injections you are supposed to only eat 500 calories a day!

That's why you are losing weight, you are starving yourself. Of course at first you'll lose weight. Heck when I had a recent stomach flu I barely ate for a week and lost 10 pounds from that! But your body NEEDS energy from food you are eating...if you don't it will eventually go into STARVATION MODE and you'll stop losing weight because your body will think "wow we aren't getting enough fuel, better hold on to what we have in order to survive"

I would never inject myself, and I certainly wouldn't starve myself
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would love to lose weight but never in such a scary way!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I love how you asked if anyone had tried the HCG shot and the posts had not tried it and still gave their two cents! No, I have not tried it myself but since I know several people that have, I am going to answer your question. Everyone that I know has lost weight and kept it off. One of my dearest friends could not get her baby weight off so she done the shot and took some pills that they gave her for only one month and lost the exact amount that she wanted to and has kept it off. Some people need something to help them get started. Good luck with your weight loss!!!!!
    Anonymous

• i agree with you ann. that mom 2 jack always seems to answer these diet questions like she knows everyhting.
    Anonymous

• I have never even heard of this. I mean, I have heard of HCG, of course, but not of any injections!! Really, it says to only eat 500 calories a day? Well, that would never work for me . . . that's only like 3 bananas a day or something. Do you have a link about it? I am curious about it and would like to read about it.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 4:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• tell me about it. and it always seems like she yells at the OP too.
    Anonymous

• No, im not starving myself. I have a 1500 calorie limit a day which I think isnt bad at all. You can pretty much eat whatever as long as you watch your calories. And, drink alot of water. when I get the HCG shot I also get a B12 vitamin shot. So, no, Mom2jack04 - im not starving myself. You seem like such a negative person!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• i totally agree about mom 2 jack, she ALWAYS says quit starving , she seems like such a know it all about diets, its hard to do, and don't worry girl, you're doing the right thing!! Don't listen to mom2jack, read all of her answers about the diet questions, they're ALL negative!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• LOL yep all my answers are negative.....at least i'm not a coward hiding behind the anonymous button. Sorry but the plain truth is: EAT HEALTHY, EXERCISE and you'll lose weight. If I simply recommended that you WASTE money on pills, injections and other bull that would simply be WRONG. Stop looking for miracle cures and simply live a healthy lifestyle. Quit WHINING Anon girls....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 11:04 PM on Mar. 2, 2009