Am I in pre-labor?

This is my first kid, so I don't know what to expect. But I've had bloody show for about three days now (it seems to finally be over). I am dialated to 2 cms. (at least I was before I had the bloody show) and I'm having some period like cramps. They're nothing horribly painful, but I definitely feel different. Also, I'm having back aches and I seem very easily exhausted. I'm 38 wks. Could I be in pre-labor? Because of a medical condition, I need to go to the hospital as soon as any labor symptoms begin.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• early labor is 0 - 4 cm dialated so yes you most likely are but it could also take weeks for anything else to happen
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:12 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i would suggest that you go get checked it is better safe then sorry good luck
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would say yes! Take a warm bath and watch and see if the cramps subside. If it is false labor they should ease away. If they progress then you should call the doc and see what he/she says. I had a baby 6 weeks ago. Started having slight menstrual cramps at about 5:30PM. I didn't do anything because I thought is was a false alarm. By 7PM they were unbearable. 9:42 baby was born...I almost couldn't get the epidural. Good Luck!
    actress

Answer by actress at 1:19 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It doesn't sound like labor to me. I was dialated 2-3cm with all 3 of my kids and they still went over due. The backache could very well be because you're 38 weeks and getting bigger. When I was that far along, my whole body ached and of course you're exhausted.
    Of course, you'd want to get checked out if the pain worsens.
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:19 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Yeah and I didn't have my bloody show till after my water broke and I was havin contractions all day. I was also dialated between 2-3 for like a month
    Anonymous