In-laws

i have so many problems with my in-laws, my MIL is a royal pain to me. and so is my FIL and SIL. they gang up on me all the time. well the other day i let my FIL borrow my car to go to the doc because his truck blew up. well i go back to get my car 3 days later- which he was supposed to return it the same day- and my SIL and FIL tell me im not getting my keys unless i go buy him some cigarettes... "because he has no money" what kinda crap is that? and my MIL says im nothin, just her sons wife and im a bit**, and my SIL says we are not family.(me and our daughter) so my question is.... would you allow them at her birthday party? please explain----and they have done sooooo much more but i dont have time to go into all that...

youngandafraid

Asked by youngandafraid at 2:20 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Wow. i dont even know.
    but you do know there are is a group on here for MIL problems, dont you? ...i'll see if i can find you the link.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• oh fuck no! if they don't show you respect or even consider you or your daughter family... I'd say hell no.. That's not healthy for your daughter to be around. Even if they don't say those things in front of her, she could hear it from someone else or pick up on your frustration and anger. Keep them away!
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• http://www.cafemom.com/group/milproblems
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:25 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i personally would keep them away!! my best friend is going through almost the exact same thing!! she does not let her MIL anywhere near her child. and if MIL does come around my friend makes sure she never leaves her kids in the room with her. that way she can constantly monitor her MIL behavior and take the kids out if she gets bad. I would say screw them, and not invite them. if they consider you nothing, then they should be nothing to you! its not worth you being upset, or angry the whole time they are there. if they want to have a birthday party, let them throw their own, they dont need to ruin yours!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• if you're not family, then why do you need to invite them? also, since you're not family, you don't need to let fil borrow your car, and espically you don't need to buy him ciggerattes

btw, where is your hubby when all of this is going on? does he stick up for you, or just turn a blind eye to it? cause if he isn't doing or saying anythin about this, honey you got bigger problems then crappy in-laws
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 2:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• ho does say something,, but he lets it go too quick if u ask me
    youngandafraid

Answer by youngandafraid at 2:38 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• WTF see I dontg play that shit if he had my car and wouldn't give me my keys back I would just tellhim fine then we'll see what the cops have to say about it, you need to get your hubby invovled in this more way more and he needs to stand by you otherwards hate to say but your relationship with him is not going to work out, it didn't with me and my ex husband
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Hugs! Well if they say you are 'not family' then next time they want to borrow your car or need cigarettes I would say "sorry. you are not my family. Go mooch from someone else". I also would not invite them to the birthday. If they treat you and your child like this they do not deserve to be there for the birthday party. Your husband also has to stand up to his family, let them know that you are his wife, and this is his child and as such they have no right to treat you like crap, and he will not tollerate it anymore. Good luck I hope things work out!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:25 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I had so many problems with my in laws in the past. All I can say is time took care of our issues. and things are great now.
    JmgBlair

Answer by JmgBlair at 11:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2009