How often do you wash your child(ren)? Sounds crazy but.....

.....my bro and SIL only bathe their children once a week (sometimes twice, sometimes only every other week), I mean they actually have a day of the week that they put all three (ages 2, 3,and 5) in the tub together and call it bath night. That's it, once a week, no wash your face in the AM before school/daycare, no wash up before bed, no wash ups period just a bath on 'bath night'. The kids stink sometimes, the little girl (oldest) has had yeast infections, all three constantly have ringworm, the baby is still in diapers and only goes to daycare twice a week, SIL is SAHM...WTH!!!! I am staying with them, so on occassion I have given baby a bath thinking I was helping out, they read me the riot act...like "oh, he just had a bath", "what soap did you use?', "what lotion did you use?", "just ask me next time, and I'll do it myself"...WTH!!! Plus they ask why I bathe my son (age 3) every or every other night, duh..hygiene!

2boyz2pray4

Asked by 2boyz2pray4 at 2:27 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• I give my son a bath ALMOST every night. sometimes he goes a night or maybe even 2 nights without a bath. but that's it. on a regular week he gets a bath 6 nights out of the week.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:29 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i worked in daycare and there was a mom that did this with her kids!! I felt so bad because the kids would come in smelling so bad. it was to the point that if they were crying i had a hard time hugging them because the smell was so horrible! I bathe my daughter (who is 7 months old) every other day, or every two days depending on how dry her skin is, and i thought that was not enough!! Its definitely not normal or healthy to be bathing that little.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 2:31 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Ew...no at that age I would have them in a more regular habit.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 2:38 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My daughter gets a bath at least every other day, most of the time it's every day and she's 3. That's pretty gross, poor kids.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:59 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Maybe they don't need to be bathed so much. Maybe that they have a routine and have to put on creams according to a certain schedule. Maybe they aren't your kids and you should mind your own business. :)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think Kids can be bathed to often,it can dry their skin out,but this is ridiculous.sounds like it is more of a lazy problem,than anything else,I don't want to say this is none of your business,but some people you just can't help.If the kids were that dirty,they atleast need their own bath water,no wonder they get ring worm,and whatever else.All you can do is pray for them.Atleast you are concerned and tried to help,and did'nt turn your head.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:27 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• everyother day or so. sometimes we have bath twice a day! but there is nothing wrong with a 2 y/o in diapers. Most "experts" say potty training should start between 2 and 3.
    oh , and do they eat a lot of sugary foods? ring worm thrives off sugar.
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I could understand an infant, but 2 and up? My dd is almost two and she gets a bath every night.
    Anonymous

• Wow, that sounds gross.
    I shower my daughter every other day, sometimes every day (especially when she had a big poop or even squeezed it out the diaper while moving). Bath time becomes less as the bathtub is getting a bit small for her now. But occasionally I let her play for a while.
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Mine gets a bath everynight but she only gets washed with soap two, maybe three times a week depending on how dirty her playtime was that day (sandbox days are soap days!)
    Hands and face are washed all throughout the day.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2009