How often do you wash your child(ren)? Sounds crazy but.....

.....my bro and SIL only bathe their children once a week (sometimes twice, sometimes only every other week), I mean they actually have a day of the week that they put all three (ages 2, 3,and 5) in the tub together and call it bath night. That's it, once a week, no wash your face in the AM before school/daycare, no wash up before bed, no wash ups period just a bath on 'bath night'. The kids stink sometimes, the little girl (oldest) has had yeast infections, all three constantly have ringworm, the baby is still in diapers and only goes to daycare twice a week, SIL is SAHM...WTH!!!! I am staying with them, so on occassion I have given baby a bath thinking I was helping out, they read me the riot act...like "oh, he just had a bath", "what soap did you use?', "what lotion did you use?", "just ask me next time, and I'll do it myself"...WTH!!! Plus they ask why I bathe my son (age 3) every or every other night, duh..hygiene!

2boyz2pray4

Asked by 2boyz2pray4 at 2:29 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• It is possible they have skin issues. We found out my son had psoriasis and he was not to bathe everyday. Just every two to three. He bathes everyday now that he is a teen though. Sounds like you overstepped your bounderies. Maybe ask them why they bathe them that way.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Stinky kid + me taking care of stinky kid = bath.

It sounds, from your post, like the only issue they have is LAZY.

Stay involved in those kids lives and, if you want, make a gift basket up of some allergen-free soaps.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 5:00 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• my girls bath maybe 1-2 a week. If they get into something (they play softball, and play in dirt) then i bath them at night, if there face is dirty i clean it. Even though they only bath 1-2 a week they do not stink, there hair isnt greasy or anything, so why are there kids? Are they playing in a pile of dirt?
    BonnieboBonnie2

Answer by BonnieboBonnie2 at 5:11 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• everyday. I have two teens and a 3 yo who likes playing in the dirt.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:32 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I don't have a set schedule for washing my son - maybe 2-3 times a week. I think that in the wintertime especially, some people just don't bathe as much due either to skin conditions or the fact that they're just not as active as they are when the weather's warmer and there's more outside play time. I would ask your brother or SIL why she doesn't bathe the kids and next time ask before bathing - see if they would provide you with a special soap or lotion that they use...As for washing up before school or bed - again, for kids especially, it's not that uncommon for kids to skip this - they don't have the skin issues that teens/adults have, so it's not as important for them to wash up as often as the rest of us.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 8:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• well, at least wipe them up so they don't stink. my 8 year old takes a shower every other day or her skin gets too dry.
    miranda2001

Answer by miranda2001 at 9:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• All 5 of my kids bathe every day with the exception of the two youngest 2 and 3. They have dry skin so in the winter we bathe them every other night and wash hands and face on the nights off before bed. We also have a swimming pool so if they are in that just before bed we may skip that night. Ring worm is the same bacteria that caused atheletes foot. It takes a loooong time for the cream to work and if they do not apply it like religion until it is gone it will keep coming back. If you are concerned about their health and you feel this is a case of neglect then perhaps you should call CSB.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• my oldest showers everyday, sometimes twice a day, my other two maybe 2 or 3 times a week, they are a lot younger and don't have odor issues(unless it's been a long active day) there have been times i've washed them everyday, there have been a couple of times they did't get mroe than a sponge bath for a week, circumstances. as for your situation, girl, i'd definitely ask why, cuz if they're stinkin, i don't care if they showered an hour ago, they need another one.....jmo
    love.life

Answer by love.life at 11:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• okaaaaay, maybe im buggin... but i bathe my 3 yo everyday! mite skip a day if we're gonna b home all day. but i actually never thought about how often she takes a bath. Am i bathing her too much??? im confused:/
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 2:51 PM on Mar. 3, 2009

• We all bathe daily.Did you think that if you have a boy,they don't wipe after peeing,and often have issues with wiping after #2?Gross,but realistic!I figure wash them,it can't hurt to be too clean!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 8:42 PM on Mar. 4, 2009