What is the best Birth Control Pills?

I want a pill that I don't have to take every day. One that will help with my menstrual cycle not stop it completely but help out with the heaviness of it. One that will help me lose weight, and prevention of getting pregnant. Any suggestions? Do they make that kind? I mean me and my man are about to get married and I am in nursing school and I don't want to get pregnant before I get out of school so anything will help?! Thanks..

sweety82901

Asked by sweety82901 at 2:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well, I was on the Nuva Ring for a long time. It's not a pill it's an insert but it does what you said you want. I only put it in once a month. It helped me with my menstrual cycle. cramps. emotions. acne. ect ect. and prevented pregnancy. ...worked great for me!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:46 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You have a Birth control,not wanting to get pregnant question under trying to conceive,talk about wrong area & being not sensative,sorry JMO,repost somewhere else under medical or pregnancy for help..thanks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• ^^ Does it really matter anon? Most women who are TTC at one point were not TTC, and were on BC.

I was on the patch (Ortho Evra) I loved it and will go back on it after my next kid.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You know if you can't say anything nice you shouldn't say it at all. There is no reason for you to have put your two cents in about me having it under the wrong category. I am just now getting familiar with this website so BACK OFF! This is supposed to be a helpful website not one that tries to put people down ANONOMOUS... So I'd appreciate it if you would just next time keep your mouth shut unless you have a helpful nice answer thanks!
    sweety82901

Answer by sweety82901 at 4:17 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would recommend talking to your doctor. Most of us have not been on every brith control so can't give you a good response. I have been on 3 types but for moodiness issues after I had the baby. Get a list of all your questions and sit down with your doc and start trying some different types.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I will tell you from experience, 100%, if you want something that you don't have to remember everyday (which you HAVE TO with the pill) I would look at the nuva ring. I was a little confused and turned off to the idea at first, but I tried it after my son and I LOVED IT!!! It works great and it takes awhile to get pregnant after being on it... (atleast for me) b/c I was on it for only like 3 or 4 months and now we're trying and I'm still not prego!! Good Luck!!
    DAjZeZnLE

Answer by DAjZeZnLE at 4:00 PM on Feb. 27, 2009