Hi, from my due date calculation my EDD is around April 22, but my doctor just informed me that the various scan done my baby features shows 34 week meaning I might give birth earlier, is this a common occurence ? does it happen to other women? worried me!

shok2shok

Asked by shok2shok at 3:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have heard that it is fairly common, that sometimes the baby develops a little faster and therefore i guess can come out earlier,, my last appt i was 11 weeks but was showing at 12 weeks and 5 days :) so maybe your just super healthy and your baby is thriving
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 4:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• and next time you go in the baby may measure diff after about 8 -10 weeks it is harder to say how far along you are just by the measurements my baby was measured again at 25 weeks and one measurement said 36 weeks another said 21 and so forth but i knew how far along i was because i knew it was impossible to be any farther because of a miscarriage i had even if your baby measures big it doesnt mean that they will come early just big babies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:38 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It's only the difference of a little over a week...saying there's a chance you might go earlier and actually changing your due date are two different things.

Having the features of a 34 weeker is different than BEING a 34 weeker.

There's nothing to worry about. Go by the due date they gave you at your first visit.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:39 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• That's weird b/c my friend is due April 8th or the 10th and she is 34weeks and 2 days pregnant. They told her one of the dates they keep changing it.
    knlhall

Answer by knlhall at 12:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2009