help please my 3 mth old wont sleep

my 3 mth old isnt sleeping much he wont take naps during the day and at night hell sleep about 5 hrs and hes up agian what can i do im exhusted. please please help any ideas?

Dorriansmom1984

Asked by Dorriansmom1984 at 3:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Why do you think I'm still up??

:) But seriously, sleeping 5 hrs is quite normal at this age. You should just try to sleep when he sleeps. Make sure he knows the difference from night and day. During the day the lights are on and windows open. We even take walks outside. At night its a little more quiet and the lights are dimmed.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 3:39 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Ugh thats why I'm up too.
    I don't know but I neeeeed rest bad!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• 5 hours at night at 3 months old!!!! WOW I wish my kids had done that. At that age they were still up every 3-4 hours to nurse. I agree with the OP about making sure night and day are distinct for him. He may be going through a growth spurt or a developmental milestone. My DS would not sleep while doing that, but my DD slept all the time while growing or developing.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:14 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• No naps during the day? In my experience, a well rested baby sleeps longer and harder at night. If I were you, my first goal would be day time naps. If your baby has been sleeping in a swing, bouncer or wherever for day time naps, it might be time to move him into his crib or pack and play or nursery. Somewhere quiet with few distractions. He is getting to an age where he is more alert and involved in his surroundings and often times being in the middle of everything will keep him up (to his and your detriment). Get into a routine. i.e. a bottle, a burp, a rock, then bed. Run a noisy fan or static in the background to help drowned out house noises. Good Luck!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:38 AM on Feb. 27, 2009