Do you really need to have more than one kid?

i am happy with 1, but im afraid she will be very lonely when she grows up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in General Parenting

• There is no guarantee that she would be close to her sibling.

The size of your family should be determined, in my humble opinion, by your heart, your wallet and your brain. Not guilt.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I have 5.
    Cal311

Answer by Cal311 at 4:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It is up to you. some people like big familys, some like small. listen to your heart ect.....

as for me i have a big family and i do love every min of it. family in the van

mommytwo5

Answer by mommytwo5 at 4:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I was an only child and i swore i would have oodles of kids, im preggo with #4. All the responsibility of my parents when they get old are all on me, it would have been nice to have someone help me with decisions and such. I had tons of cousins who im close with but its not the same if i had a sibling. Some people like being an only child, but i didnt.
    BonnieboBonnie2

Answer by BonnieboBonnie2 at 5:06 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• If its inconvienent for you to have another one, then dont.
    But you love kids, and financially are able, and your husband doesnt mind..
    maybe you should.
    Just think about the whole picture itself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It just all depends on what you want, I have a brother and a boatload of cousins and I don't speak to any of them because we don't get along but i have 4 kids and 2 step kids and my kids get along great.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 6:49 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think you can have as many as you want. I had five. I wanted my kids to have siblings which was something I never had. I think you need to have as many as your heart and mind is telling you can handle.

Answer by gemgem at 7:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I have 2, but one is grown up now and the other is 8. So basically my little one is an only child in the house. It's okay, I keep her involved in activities.
    miranda2001

Answer by miranda2001 at 9:03 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I have ooodles of siblings and step siblings although I don't speak to the steps on my moms side anymore. I have an only and at nearly 16 he is happy being an only. I had him with my ex husband, and my DH cannot have kids so it is not really a choice unless we had adopted, but still I worry about everything falling on him when we get old and he says that he is going to have a big family and we just cannot get real old and in need of help until our grandkids are old enough to help him LOL! Family size is a personal choice and you should not feel guilted into having more children than you want.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I am one of three and I have 5, 6 including the SD. I cannot imagine my life without my sis and bro. I would not want to be an only child although I am sure there are plenty out there who would tell you they liked it. I think when all your friends are busy it would be very boring. The holidays especially. Some are lucky to be blessed with the one and only they have and cannot have anymore...but there is always adoption I guess.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:57 AM on Feb. 27, 2009