MY DAUGHTER- PLEASE HELP!

My daughter is really lonely.
She goes to school, tells me anyone barely talks to her.. and is always alone!
Her best friend really betrayed her, along with her boyfriend.
Now.. its been almost a year, and shes just plain lonely.
I try taking her shopping, and doing arens with her but Im a very busy mother.
Everyone calls her unsocial, but the truth is, shes really not.
She has a loud side, and shes not mean I promise.
She doesnt smoke or drink, and her looks are great..
people never give her a chance though.
I dont know what to do. Where can I find her a best friend? Shes always just by
herself.. watching tv, on the computer, and this unhealthy.

When I was 16, I was always out and about.. with my girlfriends..

Please Give Me Advice :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• It is not up to you to find her a best friend but to help her learn how to make friends. What about joining school groups/sports teams? When she is on the computer is she talking to other people? Teens now have way different social interaction than we did, the other day my son said he was gonna play X-box with a friend and I asked who was going to the others house and he meant online....
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would try and get her into some sort of club. If you go to church, she could join the youth group. FInd out what types of things she interested in and have her volunteer. Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and boost her self esteem.
    Littlebit722

Answer by Littlebit722 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Your girl's isolation is self imposed, and maybe motivated by insecurity. You cannot find her a friend: that is not your job, but you can make suggestions. Use her interests and abilities as a
    guide. What is she good at? What does she enjoy? The answer is in volunteer and community
    service activities, in and out of school. She will not meet people while she remains at home.
    Can she tutor? Read to little kids at the library? Does she write well? Does she enjoy sports?
    Is she responsible enough to baby sit? If she likes Spanish or computers, for example,
    is there a related after school club or activity she can join? It has to be her choice. Hope that helps. Best regards, Pat B.
    bookkeeper11107

Answer by bookkeeper11107 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• What I would do is send her to a sleep away summer camp she will make some friends. GOOD LUCK:)
    iloveRiver

Answer by iloveRiver at 4:00 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• As she always been like this or is it in the past year or so? I'm curious because it sounds like she may have Asperger's Syndrome. Both my 11 yr. old son & i have it. People with asperger's have trouble socially & find it difficult to make friends. If she has been like this since a young age then you may want to read more about it. Just a thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Mar. 1, 2009

• get her to talk to people on msn. but make sure she knows them.
    Chazzms

Answer by Chazzms at 4:31 AM on Mar. 3, 2009

• I was the same way in high school. I honestly don't know what to say accept that it probably won't go away until college. She will leave high school and all of those people won't matter. And college will be completely different. That's all I can really say. SHE has to want it, as much as you want her to have great friends and not be lonely.
    GoPink84

Answer by GoPink84 at 8:16 PM on Mar. 3, 2009