is this what its all about?

as most of you know my father passed away wednesday, in the midst of our grief my mother and i have had to deal with my two ass hole sisters fighting over who gets what. i am in total disbelief and disgust, and not to mention they are putting my mother right in the middle like she needs that right now. is this what missing and losing a loved on is all about? how can anyone be this greedy and selfish? i dont even know what to say to either one of my sisters right now i would love to beat the hell out of both of them with a bat. how can i stop this between them so we can get through this?

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 7:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You might want to get them together and say something along these lines" Look, this family is IN MOURNING right now! This is not the time to discuss who gets what ! As far as THAT goes, everything Dad owned NOW BELONGS TO MOM!! So you two VULTURES will have to wait until SHE dies before you get anything anyway, and when THAT DAY COMES you will have to go through ME and MY ATTORNEY before you remove ONE THING from this house.. Now get your act together and stop acting like a couple of low-- class harpies, or stay away from Mom.unless you can be supportive She is GRIEVING and does not need your drama!!"
    Aprilmorgans

Answer by Aprilmorgans at 7:26 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• im am so sorry to hear about your loss i have never heard of anyone being so greedy like that i would tell them that if they didnt watch their Ps and Qs that they wouldnt get Sh*t that they need to remember what this time is for and not to be doing that to yur mother
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:17 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• id beat the shit outta both of them, then send them to bed without dinner. stupid little b******. they need to get over themselves.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 7:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• you cant stop them. you need to call the police and have them stopped. when my mom passed away 2 years ago. my sister thought she had the right to everything. she started the day my mom passed away. in the end the police had to be called. i will keep you in my prayers. as time moves on you will learn to deal with the hurt. it is hard to lose a parent. also remember they live through you.

mommytwo5

Answer by mommytwo5 at 7:27 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Unfortunately this is all too common. These situations have a way of bringing the worst out of some people. Sometimes it's the ones you least expect it from. You can try to take the two of them aside, away from your grieving mother, and tell them to just cool if for now. Let them know how their behavior is affecting your mother. Other than that all you can do is be by your mother's side.

My in-laws are really worried about this happening when they move on. My husbands step father comes from old money, and he has two sons while my MIL has three of her own. All but one are now married. They have been drafting a detailed list of how things are to be divided because they worry that there will be fighting, and that is not what anyone wants.

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. It is just another crappy thing about death. I hope you get some comfort from these answers and can pass some on to your mother.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It's amazing that when a loved one dies instead of comforting each other it's all about what can I get out of it. My uncle pulled this crap when my grandmother died, he actually took all of her possesions and sold them then told us that she had died.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:38 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Does he have a will? It's not up to them. Tell them to knock their shit off and act like the adults they're supposed to be.

By rights...it all goes to your mom anyway so they should be kissing her ass if they want something, not fighting and putting her in the middle like that.

That's not what it's all about. My mom and her siblings were like that when grandma died. My brother and I were 10 and 13. We saw and heard it all....we SWORE we wouldn't be like that...and we weren't. If mom gave us something after Dad died, we were grateful. After she died it was a "Do you want this? If you don't, I'll take it." We actually, at one point, wrote the name of a bunch of things on cards...and took turns picking a card. LOL

It's pathetic people get like that and I'm so sorry you have to deal with that crap.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Wow, sorry !!
    Death (and divorce) often brings out the worst in people. Remind your mom to not "have over" those greedy ones and to screen her calls. She needs to have something to say memorized to say to them, like "we won't be discussing this until after Easter" or something. If he has a will, then good if not, everything has to go thru probate, cause everything does not necessarily go to the surviving spouse !!! It depends on the laws of your state. Have her keep her doors and garage locked and if necessary get someone to change her locks if keys are out !!!
    Prayers for her and you my dear !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    LauraPPL

Answer by LauraPPL at 8:07 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• oh and i just remembered i left out the best part my nephew is in the army he went in cuz he was hooked on oxycontin and wanted to get away from it supposedly well he ended up going awol for almost a year and then finally turned himself in. well of course he had reprocussions when he went back but as soon as his grandfather died and i mean as soon as my sister called and told him now he is coming home on emergency leave. will be here some time today. well when he was here when he was AWOL he stole all kinds of shit from my mom and dad. now i am really worried and will probably end up going to jail
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:19 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Tell them to put a cap on it until at least after a few weeks. Give your mom some breathing space from all the bs and just let her grieve without the immaturity and selfishness of your sisters. That is how some people cope. Very sad, but life is a damn b--ch sometimes. GL , you are handling things in a very classy manner. Maybe your sisters can learn a thing or two from you.Like class.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 8:20 AM on Feb. 27, 2009