Wouldnt this makeyou mad?

My sons 15 and high functioning autistic. The district somehow lost his records and Ive been asking for an iep since aug. Yesterday he was suspended after his art teacher called him useless and yelled at him and my son said some things back. Before this she called he a retard and other choice words in front ofhis class. The principle tried to tell me my son isnt autistic and wants me to bring in proof since they LOST his records. I had to call the school psych who has them. Now we have a meeting today with them and they made my son SOB and CRY in front of his whole class after calling him names. I am so pissed. I have a meeting today at 3 about it. Pray for me. Hopefully I dont end up in jail LOL.

Asked by gemgem at 8:08 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• gemgem, kick their butts!!!! i have a friend who has a HFA child and she has had to poke out eyes to get them to understand his progress and that he is not a useless human being and should not be allowed to regress thanks to the greedy school system. look for LIZARD 66...tell her chicka:) sent ya!
    chickaboom73

Answer by chickaboom73 at 10:33 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• oh gem that is terrible i know i would be calling them a few choice words too that is just awful. i know i am the same way i am always saying "im going to jail, i can see it" lol good luck go get em girl
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 8:12 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't tolerate that one bit, a teacher name calling? What the hell has this world come too? I would be furious.. Good Luck today, and keep us posted on what happens,... I hope your son is okay.
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:12 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I already told them my son isnt going back into her class and I told her i realize she graduated with a liberal arts major and maybe planned to do more like work in Hollywood since shes always going on and on about it but her failure isnt a reason to take it out on my special need child. They were not happy with my statement Im sure Ill be throwing alot worse out there today.

Answer by gemgem at 8:14 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Whether or not your son is really autistic does not change that the the teacher called him names. That is not right. Good luck and stick to your guns girl!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:15 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• That is awful. Go kick some butt!! I hope everything ends ok!! Good luck!!
    Aidansmom2728

Answer by Aidansmom2728 at 8:16 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• GL.Talk about unprofessional.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 8:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Take you a lawyer an have that teacher removed, suspended. Thats just aweful for her to be allow to call your son names of anykind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I am. I have a lawyer on retainer at all times. Im going to see him this morning and seeing if he can write a letter I can take with me saying hes aware of the situation. I have found just a letter alone does wonders.

Answer by gemgem at 8:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• That's terrible! Your have better restraint than I would, I would have been in that teachers classroom calling her names in front of the whole class! Good luck and give 'em he!!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2009