Tax Refund Question....

Has anyone else's tax returns been delayed? I was supposed to get my return today and now it says that it's been delayed. Reference code 1201.....anyone else have or had this? If so, when did you receive your check? THanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• Thats a common standard number that can be used to delay your refund for any thing. Most of the time returns are delayed because you owe the irs money, student loans, or other people. You can also have filed with new dependants they dont recognize and want more clarification. You will get your refund, usually within 4 weeks, minus whatever they believe you owe and with instructions on how to fix the problem if its fixable.

Answer by gemgem at 8:30 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I know we don't owe the IRS money or anyone else. We did have our first child last year so maybe that's why. It's just so frustrating when they tell you for 3 weeks you'll be getting it and then you don't. Oh well......thanks for replying.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It is. When my husband and I first married we filed joint and claimed my kids as I always did and they did it to us. They made my husband PROVE my kids lived with him and me the whole time and that he was their step dad. It took forever because they move at a snails pace.

Answer by gemgem at 8:39 AM on Feb. 27, 2009