• In the Spotlight:

Does it drive anyone else nuts the amount of people who DON'T have clue out there!!??

Wether it's the right or the left it very much scare me the uneducated people that vote and get on tv and make (stupid) statements. During the election I had people call me to find out what was going on, and they were going to vote on what I said. Now, don't get me wrong, I DO educate my self but I would tell them you need to get go check it out yourself not just listen to me!

Also, just before the pkg was passed I had a girl tell me she wanted it to "hurry up and pass so she could get her check!" When I told there wasn't one coming, she said she didn't care about the pkg! Now I know these are on BOTH sides but do you get as annoyed about this as me? I am TOTALLY just throwing this out there but...what if you had to pass some sort of idiot proof quiz b4 you could vote? Just to show you had basic knowledge that the world was round and who is in charge of what?! a nd have you met some of these people?

momof030404

Asked by momof030404 at 8:27 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I will admit,I am not to bright,about politics,and I don't claim to be,but Yeah I could use the money,like most,but I am more concerned about our ecomomy,and our kids future,than any check.,so in answer to your question,I feel the same way.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:31 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It does bother me. I know during the election we had family who didnt do any research and were only voting based on the letter nxt to the persons name. I begged them, so did my dh to do their own research and now just rely on TV or talking points. But some people just arent into politics the way some are and I chalk it up to that. Is it annoying? Yes it is but thats why things have gotten the way they are with useless congress members and senators always being reelected when they havent done a thing for the people they represent.

Answer by gemgem at 8:33 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Yes! Hmmmm, I think the "quiz" that should be administered to those wishing to register to vote that would be sufficient would be the standard US Citizenship test.

I am CERTAIN many multi-generation Americans would FAIL!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i ditto you and the first poster
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I wasn't thinking of anything complicated just a basic "branches of the gov't and their jobs type thing! LOL

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 8:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would be all in favor for passing the citizenship exam as a pre-req for voter registration. That basically does cover the basics of a high school civics class and constitution exam. Course we have people suing because producing a photo ID is too much effort for voters, so I expect their brains would explode if you also wanted them to know who and what they were voting for.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:41 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I was talking to my husband about this, that they should have some sort of test for people to vote lol, during this last election showed me how many really just go buy what the media sells you instead of researching for themselves.
    lisadallasr

Answer by lisadallasr at 8:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• People amaze me everyday. Especially on cafemom.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I am gonna get back in this one,because one thing that drives me nuts is people that say I am democrat,or republican,because my parents are,do some people not have their own minds?I am neither ,I try to really listen to what they can do,and what they stand for,and if I don't understand,I will ask someone to explain it to me,or research myself.
    Val504

Answer by Val504 at 8:57 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• yes, we can agree on this. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:13 AM on Feb. 27, 2009