Has any one been to the Grand Canyon?

Is it a good place to take your kids....We are going tomorrow and stay there for the weekend...

jyssi1557

Asked by jyssi1557 at 8:54 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Travel

• I have been and it is nice, but not a great place for kids. It is pretty to look at and amazing, but I don't think children appreciate it much. I would search the surrounding area for something more kid friendly. Have fun!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:21 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Oh thats on my "to do" list for sure. My kids are older and I think they would like it but I don't think any child under 6 or 7 would appreciate it. I just don't know. I am really wanting to go there.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:07 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• clappingSince you are taking the kids, first and foremost please please hang on to them. Some overlooks are very dangerous. but yes there are lots of things to see for the weekend. We did hike down but it is really not for kids and we did not bring ours 18 and 13. They do have hiking trails for kids so when you get there make sure you go to the visitors center first and foremost. You will be flabbergasted i promise. You are going to have a great time!

pepperannrocks

Answer by pepperannrocks at 1:54 PM on Mar. 1, 2009

• thank you we are heading to he Hoover Dam now because we are only 3 hours away. We really had a good time though not for little kids at all. Really hard for me trying to enjoy myself and pushing areound a 14 month old and a 5 month old. Though if you have older kids do go its great and beautiful
    jyssi1557

Answer by jyssi1557 at 5:38 PM on Mar. 1, 2009