After all your monthly bills are paid

How much do you usually have left for groceries an other stuff (eating out going out, any clothes, etc) for the month? We have about $650 left ugh, that is really low.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• We don;t have much left at all! I'm happy that all of our bills get paid and we have food to fill our tummies.
    GJCJMomie

Answer by GJCJMomie at 6:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• A couple thousand. I don't spend much of that, most of it goes to savings. College is going to be expensive someday!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 9:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My husband and I make a lot of money so we don't really look at our bank account. I can spend anything we want because I know it's there no matter what. But it wasn't always like that. There were times when we first started dating and I was still in college that we had very little money and I had to go "grocery shopping" in my mother's kitchen. She would call after she had been to the store and I would go get what we needed. Things can be tough in life and it's about looking at your income and evaluating the priorities.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• We have about $200/wk, it varies by my 'extra income', but it's about $200/wk to buy groceries, gas, fun stuff, etc

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Around $1500. That is if I pay minimum balances due on stuff, but I usually pay a little more. I am trying to get stuff cleared away so we have less bills and more left over.
    Danielle720

Answer by Danielle720 at 10:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• About 3,000 but I do save 1,000 of that because we pay about 10, 000 a yr in taxes. So when we pay all our bills and have gone grocery shopping, we still have a little play money. That usually gets spent on movies, pizza, beer, and eating out. We are startinng to keep more of it in the bank though due to the economic situation. Of course there seems to always be some kind of house repair that just can't wait too. Just spent 250 fixing my stove and 400 on a freakin toilet with installation. Still paying off the roof job.
    mom_wrhsc

Answer by mom_wrhsc at 10:04 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It totally depends on the month. My DH has his own small roofing and siding business, so the weather plays a huge part in our income. Every February we are really tight and barely making bills then come summer months we have extra money,no matter how many years I have told him we need to save the extra summer money something comes up or he decides he wants a new "toy" that ends up being sold when we need money, although last summer he bought a used 4 wheeler that we haven't had to sell (yet)! It really is frustrating so I have started paying off the credit cards, paying ahead on things like car insurance,mortgage,etc... in the spring/summer so there isn't as much to worry about in the winter. Also we have a travel hockey goalie, so just when the money starts getting tight is when we need it to travel, replace equipment etc..so the cards get charged back up!
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• around 500 after all the bills and grocerys.
    1andonly98

Answer by 1andonly98 at 11:33 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Our rent and bills take up 2850 of our income. We have 3850 left for groceries, charity donations, savings, retirement, sons college fund and to just spend.

Anonymous

• We usually have 200 left in a month. We don't eat out and only buy clothes every three months.
    Anonymous