have you ever had a "floatie' in your eye?

I thought it was my Mascara, then I thought it might be on my contact lens. Now, even though I have my galsses on It is like a piece of lint blurring my vision occasionally. If you have had this and seen a Dr. about it ......what happened??? I am afraid to go, I don't have the money.

chefjen

Asked by chefjen at 10:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Health

• Thanks Ladies!! I did call the Dr. after I posted this and went. He dilated my eyes and said I have a detached viscus and if I start to see flashes of white or colored lights call him or go to Emergency ASAP! That would mean a detached retina. he said this will be annoying for a while before it gets better. I drove home VERY carefully with my glasses on. It was a good thing I knew the way!!!LOL
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 2:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Ive had a blurry dot that stays there for a couple hours then goes away, but it only happened when i was pregnant, i mentioned it to the doctor and they didnt seem concerned. it was so annoying though
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• sometimes i get them and dr said it was from allergies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Do you mean floaters? Yes, unfortunately I see them everywhere I look. I have many in my right eye due to an eye injury when I was 12 years old. They are so irritating, especially while driving at night, because the glare from headlights reflect off of the floaters. Plus, in the winter, they reflect off of the snow so it's a bummer when I ski, etc.
    You do need to go see an Opthalmalogist. It's not too terribly expensive. Call around to see what they charge for a full exam. It could be a floater, or it could be the beginning of a cataract...so you really need to know. Cataracts can start even at an early age due to sun exposure or damage to your eye.
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 11:11 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• They're called floaters (you can search the web using that term for more info) and they're normal in near sighted people. But! I am afraid it might also be a problem with your retina. You really need to be sure your eye is okay if you haven't had your eyes checked in a few years.
    LauraMi261

Answer by LauraMi261 at 11:19 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• You need to get it checked out right away. My mom has floaters and they can be a sign of something worse with your retina. You will eventually get used to it being in your vision and they may move around a bit from time to time, if it ever looks like a shade is coming down though you need to get in ASAP, but in the meantime you need to make an appointment anyway.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:44 PM on Feb. 27, 2009