• In the Spotlight:

If you have a 9-12 month old, what time do they go to bed and wake up?

My 11 month old keeps waking up earlier and earlier...not tired at all, eyes wide awake. He goes to bed at 845 and wakes up between 6-630. He is getting a little over 9 hours a night and thats it. I read he is supposed to get between ten and twelve hours a night. ( he only naps 2-2.5 hours a day and if i move his bedtime earlier, he wakes earlier.)

AmandaL21

Asked by AmandaL21 at 10:12 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 8 1/2 month old takes 1 hour nap during the day and goes to bed at 9 and gets up at around 9.
    sarrrr13

Answer by sarrrr13 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• If it has been going on awhile then that is how long he is meant to sleep at night. Not all kids sleep 12 hours at night. I would move his bedtime later if you don't want to get up so early.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• The older he gets the less he sleeps. he used tro sleep from 930-9 from about 3 month until 8 months. At 8 months, everything changed. Thats why I am somewhat concerned. He can stay up later then 845 or he is a GRUMP! : )
    AmandaL21

Answer by AmandaL21 at 10:32 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My DD goes to bed around 7pm and wakes up usually around 6:30 or 7am. She has an hour nap in the morning and another hour in the afternoon most days. She rarely wakes up n the middle of the night, so I have been blessed.
    MeeSheeStar

Answer by MeeSheeStar at 10:45 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My 10 mo. old is in bed by 8 and up between 7-8:30am. Naps twice a day for about 1-2 hours each. Maybe you could try just letting your baby stay in the crib when he wakes and see if he falls back to sleep after a while.
    flalbert

Answer by flalbert at 11:01 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Mine is 10 mo. and goes to bed at 8 and wakes up at 7:30ish. I have noticed that her day time naps have been shorter recently and she has more sleep disturbances during the night. (She used to sleep 12 hours straight without a peep out of her but lately she has been waking several times a night, fussing and then going back to sleep). Apparently sleep disturbances are pretty common at this age though because of all the new things that are going on (crawling, standing, walking, babbling, words...busy, busy busy!)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My 10 month old son goes to bed at about 9:30pm and gets up at about 8am. He takes 2 naps a day, about an hour and a half each.
    parkersmama08

Answer by parkersmama08 at 11:28 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My son goes to bed at 7 and like yours, if I keep him up later, he's totally cranky - or he just passes out. He wakes up once in the night and then again at 5 or 5:30 and he's up for the day. We've tried keeping him in the crib longer - he'll just play until he gets sick of it and cries - sometimes even playing for 20 minutes. He gets 10 hours a night and naps about 2 hours during the day. This seems to work for him - so my guess is that you should just go with what your baby tells you. Although I know this stinks when what your baby is telling you is that they're a morning person!
    cathianne

Answer by cathianne at 11:59 AM on Feb. 27, 2009