• In the Spotlight:

Did you know that sources are saying that CPS may not allow octo-mom to take her babies home?

Do you think that's fair?

Oh and if you don't care, you need not waste your precious time answering :-)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I thought it was the hospital saying that, read it yesterday.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I heard she said the hospital may not until she can prove she can care for them... I don't know how I feel about it. On one hand: if she can not offer them the basic necessities then she shouldn't be allowed to take them home. On the other hand, they are her children and I just couldn't imagine not being able to take them home.

I really dislike the whole situation though, so I am unsure how I feel or if I can even be nice anymore. While I understand that we shouldn't judge it's hard not to in a situation like this. I feel bad for all of her children.

If there are LEGITIMATE reasons and concerns for those children, then maybe she shouldn't be able to take them home. BUT I hope this isn't just more of a publicity thing, etc, and is genuine concern for those children. In her state I don't see how she could take care of them. Formula for 8 is expensive.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 10:18 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• well she got her self into this mess. I expect her chickens to roost any minute now.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:19 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I hate to see CPS involved when there is no evidence of abuse or neglect, but I don't know how this women is suppose to care for 8 medically fragile newborns. There is going to have to be more then one adult involved in meeting the day to day needs of these children. Feeding, changing, and general care for any newborn is exhausting. Caring for a medically fragile child with an assortment of monitors, tubes, etc. is even more exhausting. Caring for 8 medically fragile newborns is beyond the ability of any one person. Even if the grandmother continues to help, 14 young children, at least 10 of whom are special needs is going to require outside support.
    Bluebonnet72

Answer by Bluebonnet72 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• This wasn't a case of where something happened and she ended up with 14 children by accident, she engineered this catastrophe with IVF. There is no way she can care for all those children by herself, it is humanly impossible. Even under the best of circumstances, for instance, if they had been born one at a time, healthy and into a two parent home with plenty of financial resources, she would need help. Several charities and foundations have offered more than generous help. She should take advantage of the help offered for the sake of the children who are here now and need the help, no matter what kind of whack job the mother is.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• that is good its about time she got realitly slapped she has nothing no means to care for them ON HER OWN i think they should go to people that can will and want to take care of them she has 6 others at home she needs to start taking care of 8 more isnt going to help her in any way
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• If she cannot provide the care and adequate housing they need, I see no problem with it. Perhaps she should take Allred's offer.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:31 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think that is fair. If she does not have adequate transportation, housing and support to care for 8 tiny newborns she should not get to bring them home. She has 6 other children to care for and two of them have special needs. Seems she has more than she can handle and no support. I feel for the babies but maybe they would be better off with someone not mentally ill and who has the resources and family to help them.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think they should investigate her circumstances and make her prove that she has the help and finances to give these kids what they need. I think they are within their rights to not release them until she can get her act together.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• from my understanding its the hosptial, and yes I do think its fair. These are very premature babies and need special care. IF she cannot provide adequate care for them then no, they shouldnt be released to her.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:49 AM on Feb. 27, 2009