Is it normal for an 11 month old girl to throw fits?

anytime i tell her no or move her away from something i don't want her around she throws herself down on the floor and starts bashing her arms around. is this normal?

rebecca_anne89

Asked by rebecca_anne89 at 10:22 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yes. my dd did the same thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• yes my ten month old does that now.
    myangel21

Answer by myangel21 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Yes, they are coming into a age where they know they can say no and they want to do what they want to do. Do you remember when you were a preteen and your parents told you no when you wanted to go some where with your friends? I bet you whined, possible stomped off, maybe even slammed your door. Same thing. Babies/toddlers are pretty smart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Mine is 10 mo. and I'm sure we'll be at that stage soon. She is already pitching a fit randomly. It is also a tough time because babies at this age know what they want but don't have the language skills to tell you what it is!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 11:46 AM on Feb. 27, 2009