Would you have a jewelry party in today's economy?

I am thinking about starting a jewelry party plan business. The company is great. They are stable. We would make alot in commission. The jewelry is lovely. They have a great hostess plan that would get women lots of FREE jewelry.
But...my question is...would YOU have a party in this economy? Would you invite your friends over knowing they may not be able to spend much?
Be honest! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Shopping

• We make a lot of money and so do most of our friends, so yes, I would. But if I lived in a community where there was a lot of hurt from the economy, then no, it wouldn't be a smart business plan.
    DDry

Answer by DDry at 10:26 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Well if your friends have good jobs then I would say yes. The worse they can say is no. But, if they are struggling or out of work, I wouldn't. It would sorta be a snob move to ask them when you know they can't afford it ya know.
    MeeSheeStar

Answer by MeeSheeStar at 10:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• why not, people need to have fun anyway.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:41 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would. But I am a bit biased. I have been selling Premier Designs jewelry for 7 years now. Truly, I think this is the best time to start a business. Now more than ever, you need to have that stability in your life. What I love about Premier is that the prices range from $8 - $108. So keep price in mind when you are chosing a business.
    Best of luck to you!
    ~Shay
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 11:23 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I was also thinking of starting a business like that, but then I realized if someone invited ME to their party right now, I wouldn't go. I always get so excited about that jewlery and then I see the PRICE. It's really quite depressing.
    Anonymous

• Yes I would I do three direct sales companies and one is jewelry and I have been busy since August and now the new books have come out and my ladies are excited!! Go for it and Good Luck!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:54 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Annon. 7:30 If you go to a Premier Design, Cookie Lee or Inspiranza Design party they are all affordable!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 10:55 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I just started with a direct sales company (Thirty-One) and things are going well for me. We don't sell jewelry but it is still geared towards women and the concept it the same. Most people know when they get invited to the party that they are there to help the hostess get things and in return if they want a discount they in turn have their own party. People that don't have as much money to spend would either not come or buy something on the less expensive side. If the company you're thinking about has a large selection as well as prices you should be fine. If the cheapest pair of earrings starts at $50....you might want to re-think if you and your friends don't usually spend that much on things. Personally, I love Lia Sophia and Premiere jewelry. I also like Silpada but find it a little expensive (although good quality).
    the3jsandme

Answer by the3jsandme at 12:22 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• the2jsandme, I LOVE Thirty-One Products! I have one of the skirt purses!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:07 PM on Feb. 28, 2009

• Aren't those jewelry parties costume jewelry?
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 28, 2009