Would you have a jewelry party in today's economy?

I am thinking about starting a jewelry party plan business. The company is great. They are stable. We would make alot in commission. The jewelry is lovely. They have a great hostess plan that would get women lots of FREE jewelry.
But...my question is...would YOU have a party in this economy? Would you invite your friends over knowing they may not be able to spend much?
Be honest! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

• No, I'm not attending any parties and I wouldn't schedule one.
    customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It depended on the quality and price of the jewelry. If it was junk jewelry, but REALLY pretty. then I would consider it. But if it was real, and expensive I would not go. no matter how pretty.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would. But I am a bit biased. I have been selling Premier Designs jewelry for 7 years now. Truly, I think this is the best time to start a business. Now more than ever, you need to have that stability in your life. What I love about Premier is that the prices range from $8 - $108. So keep price in mind when you are chosing a business.
    Best of luck to you!
    ~Shay
    jewelrylady98

Answer by jewelrylady98 at 10:53 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Probably not. I also DEF wouldn't if it was Lia Sophia jewelry. My stepmom has been a sales girl for those parties for years and is always giving me free jewelry and it's such junk. Yeah, kinda cute, but it falls apart and is made of very cheap materials and if you buy it at the party for full price it's SO EXPENSIVE. No thanks.
    PB_J

Answer by PB_J at 11:19 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would and I had one matbe about a month agao. My friend attended and it was great. They didn't spend alot of money but they did buy somethings. The prices ranged alot so everyone got there pick from pricey to not so pricey. It turned out great that friends are putting parties togther themselves. Plus the jewerly looks better than the things you find in stores noe for cheap so i was okay spending the money right no even though money is tight.
    sunshinestar110

Answer by sunshinestar110 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think it depends on the area. I live near MI/OH and would be invited to every type of party under the sun. Last year everyone stopped going and attending. I will not have one until I can sit in a room of adults and not have over 1/2 of the laid off or on extended shut downs or fearing they are on the chopping block next.

If you have time and enegry to find those not effected by the economy then you will probably do great. But the stats of 1 in every 5 will say yes to a party is probably more like 1 in every 15.

Good luck in your future decision.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• No. I have been to many different jewelry parties and the quality was never that great.

Anonymous

• ugh no, when people stop spending money on things like going out to eat selling jewelry in my opinion would be a VERY frustrating waste of time. The ONLY stores who sales have continued to remain stable during this tough economic time are stores like wal-mart, but in wlamarts last quarter sales dropped so low in my husbands market 5 out of 7 stores wont be getting their semiannual bonus which is based off of sales. His store will but it is the lowest bonus for his store in the history of doing bonuses. So you really have to ask yourself, if people have cut down on buying necessities buying frivilous things doesnt seem likely. I myself when I get invited to pampered chef parties etc, dont even bother to attend. You would probably find you have a very difficult time just getting people to show up
    humaniterian87

Answer by humaniterian87 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My sister is having one tonight.. An im going just to be another body.. She knows i dont wear the stuff, but i like to support her...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I say GO FOR IT!!! It's proven statistically that even in economic hard times the two things MOST women will still buy is make-up and jewelry. I'd go if invited in a heart beat. It's nice to get out with the girls sometimes, and buying great jewelery would be an awesome bonus.
    happyathomemum

Answer by happyathomemum at 1:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2009