is being involved in a sexless marriage healthy??ever since we had kids we barely touch eachother,does anyone else have this problem????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't think it is healthy. Sex is a large part of a marriage. Not just for physical gratification but because of intimacy. I would talk with your dh about it. If you love him and are attracted to him then you both should be the effort in to get things going again. Make a date night and see what happens. More kisses and hugs during the day will make for more sexual interest as well. Good luck!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It is not easy to still feel like sexy after a busy day, I know, I feel just the same. I never feel like sex, but once I have made an effort, I feel fullfilled and happy afterwards. It does bring you closer to each other.
    Roxy222

Answer by Roxy222 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It doesn't sound healthy to me. You might as well just have a roommate. I know my husband would walk if that's how we were.
    JustAMom2008

Answer by JustAMom2008 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• well all relationships have there dry spells. Yours may be going through one.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• ithink that sex is a huge part of a marriage,.even just light affection is very important.i cannot go without at least being touched(hugged,.caressed) or kissed.maybe talk to him and tell him how its upsetting you and hear why he hasnt been wanting it,.or maybe try to start it out one night,.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 11:26 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I think it's unhealthy..but you're going through a spell. My husband and I went through it. But it's very important to work hard to change it....at one point I did feel like my husband was my room mate.,...lol. Good luck....trust me...it is very normal to go through this. It's only temporary.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 11:55 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Sex is not that important but intimacy is. We have had periods we could not have sex very much. I was on anti depressants and had no libido. My husband and I stayed close by still cuddling and touching each other. It was not easy but we made it. My husband loves me and wants me anyway he can have me. He told me if he never had sex with me again he would be with me still. Having a supportive and loving man like that helped me get over the fact I had been raped and allowed me to be sexual once again. I know many men and women who would leave their spouse over sex they hit a dry spell and instead of fixing the problem they leave or find someone else. Sex was all they had so they really had nothing.

Anonymous

• its not healthy for the relationship,unless you are both ok with it.Its also not healthy for youre kids.they learn to love by watching you hold hands,give each other a kiss or even a hug,i dont feel sex is everything if something happend to my so and he couldnt,i would still love him and work through it.maybe you to should talk or seek counsaling
    lifeisgood176

Answer by lifeisgood176 at 12:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• there are a lot of sexless and happy marriages out there. Focus on the positive and not the negative

Answer by admckenzie at 12:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• i dont know thats unhealthy but, i do know thats normal.
    Anonymous