If your 18 year old daughter got pregnant!?

How would YOU feel.

Me and my hubby were talking about this the other day..

Because I was the 18 year old who did get pregnant.

chakerilynns

Asked by chakerilynns at 10:39 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• i coudlnt get mad , i was 17 ... me and my bf were talking about things our kids could do , i said i cant get mad about any of it , bc i did alota shit i regret , wen they get old enhough im going to tell them wat i did and the consequences that i took along w/ it
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 10:40 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Disappointed. We all have high hopes for our kids. College, jobs, marriage then kids. Depending on her situation (ie if she was with a steady guy/already married, both had jobs, supporting selves) I might be OK with it. But if freash out of high school, no full time job, no real committments, I'd feel like I had let her down somehow by not teaching her to be more responsible about sex and life in general.
    Anonymous

• anon : did ur daughter sign a written agreement that shes going to follow YOUR hopes? ... how are u so sure shes going to go w/ YOUR hopes?! ... shes her OWN person , u cant pick HER HOPES! ...
    Anonymous

• I would cry and help her in any way i could. i would not force her to make any decisions. i would feel like a failure as a mom.
    4monkees

Answer by 4monkees at 9:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My 18 yr old did get pregnant. She is an adult (at 18) and it was her life so I had no say so in the matter. I was disappointed bc we were going to go backpacking across Scotland and that trip had to be canceled and we'll probably never get to do it now. Of course she's 30 and has 3 kids now but again these are her choices in life. I can't be selfish and be upset over what she wants to do in her life.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Anon 12:56......AMEN! I was 18 when I got pregnant, I had a still born birth and I was treated horribly afterwards. I would never do that to my daughters. I would help and support her in any way I could!!
    blessed5x

Answer by blessed5x at 11:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I would love her and I would love my grandbaby
    Ilovemy5joys

Answer by Ilovemy5joys at 11:51 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• I'd be at least happy she's an adult and can do things on her own. I got pregnant at 15. I'm not sure how i'd feel, depends on her situation and her choices of what shes going to do about it.
    MJ_BN_FE

Answer by MJ_BN_FE at 5:45 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I think I would never turn away from her, but I do not see me sitting with a big ole grin on my face for quite sometime. I would help her out anyway, but def feel like I did not do my job as a parent right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2009

• I would love and support her in any way possible. I was 19 when I got pregnant, in college, and about to be married. My mother made me feel like trash. I refuse to make my daughter feel like that. Ever.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 6:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2009