My husband is attractive, but only bathes 2 times a week. Does anyone have this with DH!!!! I don't get near him!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2009 in Health

• That is gross. I would have a convo with him about it. Ew!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 10:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My DH is like that. He smokes and does not want to shower daily. So this it how I get him to shower.  He wants sex he has to take a shower right before we do it. So I know he is clean every other day.  At least.

Answer by louise2 at 11:22 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• Ugh. Mine does the same thing. He comes home from work late, exhausted every day. With the recession, more people are getting their gas shut off and he's the one doing it. Every day he has between 40 and 70 gas meters to either shut off or maintain. He doesnt smell bad or anything, infact he looks and feels just fine. Its the thought though, of him not showering every single day that i find gross. He's working on it though, showers at least every other day now. Its a hard habbit to break but when i ask nicely and dont bother him he usually does it on his own ;)
    SpiritedTigress

Answer by SpiritedTigress at 11:46 AM on Feb. 27, 2009

• It is your duty and right as his wife to put delicacy aside and tell him that he smells. " Honey, I love ya, but I have to tell you that you smell bad. You need to shower every day. You may not notice it, but I do, and I'm sure others do and are put off by it. "

Answer by Bmat at 1:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• mine feels he can only bathe every other day or so. and he only takes baths (which i feel his is mothers fault becuase that is all she ever let him take). i think it is gross and hound him to shower until he does and then we are all happy. lol. why can't men take care of themselves like women do?!
    Anonymous

• My father has always been like that. He thinks that because he drives a truck and doesn't sweat he doesnt stink or need to bathe very often. In fact he showers ONCE A WEEK. My mother and I have both told him numerous times he needs to shower more and his hygeine is aweful. He gets better for a week or so and slips right back into the pattern.

We trick him into it by telling my 4 year old "Want to take a bath with Poppy?" When he shouts "Yeah" and gets excited Poppy has no choice but to hop into the tub and scrub up with Jackson!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2009

• My husband can't stand to not shower every day lol He says he looks greasy if he doesn't! I don't know I have a very high maitence (sp) husband lol he's crazy but I love him
    Heidikans

Answer by Heidikans at 3:17 PM on Feb. 27, 2009